Expectations...

I expect we are due a loss, thats not a reflection on our current status just the law of averages as a club.

But it doesn't hamper how I have been feeling for a few months now. It feels brilliant...a total new start and new dawn. Even if part of me thinks that promotion to the Premier League may take a little longer than DC expects.

After the second home game fans were calling for CC to be sacked, there was literally spite and venom and anger that we had lost. We're talking the end of August and fans were gunning for the management.

It's tiresome and totally irrational. I fear for us as we begin the long road back to the big time.

Wedneday fans are fickle, petulant and totally unresaonable...living in the past and constantly moaning about this, that or the other.

I wish we could just enjoy it, and see the bigger picture.

After a lifetime of supporting Wednesday getting excited can have a habit of dumping on you. I'm more optimistic than I have been for a long time although there is still some way to go. I saw them at Brentford and yesterday and we looked good at times but didn't sustain it in both matches. We sat back at Brentford when we looked comfortable in the first half and yesterday was similar when we were 2.0 up. We need to be more ruthless at finishing off teams. Let's hope we can keep learning from these games and keep the good run going.

I'm not getting carried away, we was poor in second half at Brentford and became sloppy after going 2-0 in front yesterday, we could easily have thrown that 2-0 lead away which would have been very disappointing after hardly giving PNE a sniff for over an hour.

We're steady but can do better which is good really.

I expect we are due a loss, thats not a reflection on our current status just the law of averages as a club.

But it doesn't hamper how I have been feeling for a few months now. It feels brilliant...a total new start and new dawn. Even if part of me thinks that promotion to the Premier League may take a little longer than DC expects.

After the second home game fans were calling for CC to be sacked, there was literally spite and venom and anger that we had lost. We're talking the end of August and fans were gunning for the management.

It's tiresome and totally irrational. I fear for us as we begin the long road back to the big time.

Wedneday fans are fickle, petulant and totally unresaonable...living in the past and constantly moaning about this, that or the other.

I wish we could just enjoy it, and see the bigger picture.

Absolutely this. Also, there's an expectancy that we should outplay every team for 90 minutes.

Anybody see Newcastle in the first half against City? They were mullering them at one point and should have been more than the 1 goal up till they conceded 6 . It doesn't mean City are rubbish cos they were under the cosh for half an hour. How many matches do you ever see where a team totally dominates ? It rarely happens.

Way too early to predict where we will finish. Injuries shouldn't hurt us as badly as they have in recent years due to the depth of the squad and I do think we will improve as a team the more games the players have together.

There's still a long way to go but I think we will be top half and hopefully pushing for a play off spot.

Promotion? Doubt it 

Guest Distraught!

I would be satisfied with finishing higher or with more points than last season.

If that happens, regardless of whether we make the top six or not, it would set us up nicely for a big charge next season.

I expect this to be whereabouts we'll be for most of the season - better than a lot of the teams but not quite as good as the top six.

All I want is progression and attacking intent. Nobody wants to be trying not to lose every week. We want to attack. We wont go down so we may as well really go for it. We've got some lovely footballers now and a very demanding environment due to the pressure on all places.

We'll lose plenty of games but we should win a fair amount too. We can possibly sneak top six this year but realistically we'll be around 8th.