Think this lad is slowly coming to terms with the physical side of our league. Impressed me when he came on with him backing in and holding off their defenders. In the same situation Nuhiu was dropping down trying to get the free kick.

The lad just needs to work on his heading now.

every one will have different opinions , i dare say that when joao finds his feet he will do well for us but patience is the key , the lad can score and has pace he just needs to work on his hold up side of things ,though i still think he would work better with a partner at the side of him ,

He was very poor when he came on yesterday.

Have to agree with this I'm afraid, was Joao's man who scored for Preston and his hold up play or lack of led to them just getting the ball straight off us and keeping us under pressure.

He is only young though and will be a very good player for us in time, his performances will be erratic whilst he's still learning and developing.

Have only watched him on a few streams (why do Channel 5 keep putting us as a featured game lol?!?!) 

Think all the attributes are there, but he's going to need to learn to hold the ball up if he wants to play in this system. 

We still need an out an out top quality striker. 

Really cos I thought when Nuhiu went off we retained next to nothing in the final third.

You are 100% true, but to anyone looking at Joao when he was attacking a long kick out or a long punt from a defender, he attacked it totally differently - he ran at the oncoming ball, he did not wait for it to hit him in the chest or for him to head it on.

The possible talent we have with Joao is very exciting, albeit nothing near the end product yet.   He scares the hell out of defenders where with Nuhiu they know they just have to wait with him and he will possibly beat them in the air.

Joao to me looks like someone who is totally naive  and does not know he scares the crap out of defenders because he runs at them and does not like to wait for the ball to drop before he acts.  

That said, we again lost possession far too much after Big Dave went off yesterday.   I can understand why Carlos is struggling to use Joao properly yet when Nuhiu looks nackererd after 60 minutes.    In an ideal world they would be up top together, but we have Forestieri who is something different again - massively different.

CC said he is just a "boy" when we signed him. Despite his age, in football terms he is very inexperienced.

CC is right, and fans need to be patient.

I thought Nuhuiu had one of his ineffective games but for some reason the game changed when he went off.

I think the performances of the pair served to highlight the need for a loan signing especially with the run of games we have coming up.

We need to use this break to get somebody in.