Westwood fails to make 40 man Ireland Squad!

Given isnt the same keeper any more. He was phenomenal, but at his age now he is that bit slower, like Big Kev was at the end.

I think the others are probably ok, I dont think Westwood has had a particularly stand out season to be fair compared to last time, the injury didnt help. But at least he is playing which is more than can be said for some of those being picked ahead of him.

I was chatting with an Irish journalist last night on twitter. He told me that he pulled out of the squad due to injury. Makes you think there was a falling out. In fairness, Randolph took his chance brilliantly setting up the goal and making a decent save.

If anyone saw how O'Neill set up Ireland to play v Gibraltar no one would be surprised about this decision.

He's a flipping moron

a flipping moron whos just beaten germany. on ability westwood deserves to be in but the amount of times hes pulled out plus randolphs perfomances whenever called upon probably suggests why hes ahead

a flipping moron whos just beaten germany. on ability westwood deserves to be in but the amount of times hes pulled out plus randolphs perfomances whenever called upon probably suggests why hes ahead

If you saw that game against Gibraltar you'd understand. Great win last night though, but O'Neill's Ireland are still terribly painful to watch

May as well retire. If West Ham's reserve and previous incumbent of Motherwell was it, is their first choice there is no hope

On a positive note at least he won't be thinking a premiership move will enhance his international prospects

I guessed that one of the reasons he signed for us was so he could get regular first team football and use that as a basis for becoming Ireland's #1 when Given finally packs up. I can't believe Forde and Elliot are ahead of him.