Westwood fails to make 40 man Ireland Squad!

Shay Given is 39 and Stoke's reserve keeper.

David Forde is nearly 36 and hasn't played since mid-August. Now is Millwall's reserve keeper.

Darren Randolph is West Ham's reserve keeper.

Westwood is the goalkeeper for a team 10th in the championship & was the championship's best keeper the previous season.

Martin O'Neil has lost it. Not only should Westwood be in the squad, but he should be the first choice.

Mental.

Shay Given is 39 and Stoke's reserve keeper.

David Forde is nearly 36 and hasn't played since mid-August. Now is Millwall's reserve keeper.

Darren Randolph is West Ham's reserve keeper.

Westwood is the goalkeeper for a team 10th in the championship & was the championship's best keeper the previous season.

Martin O'Neil has lost it. Not only should Westwood be in the squad, but he should be the first choice.

Mental.

Rubbish from O'nearly

Martin O'Neil showing up his conservative streak again. Daft idiot is doing a Villa on the Irish. Shame, as I thought he would show some ambition for his own country. Westwood is clearly better than the keepers selected, feel sorry for him.

This.

He's pathetically pragmatic, nearly always preferring to stick with the tried and tested.

Shay Given may well be his countries greatest ever keeper, but he hasn't been a regular in the Premier League for nigh on several years now.

Westwood is arguably the best keeper outside the top flight.

Mental to think he can't even get in the squad.

I'd probably be picking Given, for experience. Randolph as the highest placed Irish keeper...

..and Westwood for being the pick of the bloody bunch!

Really baffles me that Forde still gets in the side. He's not even Millwall's number one anymore!

..could it be he's just coming back from injury? 

He was in there last squad when he was in the latter stages of returning from injury.

He was in there last squad when he was in the latter stages of returning from injury.

...sorry I didn't make myself clear...apologis...I was wondering if CC had spoken to MO and suggested it might not be advantageous for Ireland because of his recent injury but actually also keeping him fit for the October games and then making sure he gets a rest.

...sorry I didn't make myself clear...apologis...I was wondering if CC had spoken to MO and suggested it might not be advantageous for Ireland because of his recent injury but actually also keeping him fit for the October games and then making sure he gets a rest.

Perhaps.

I'd prefer just to call Martin O'Neil all the names under the sun though

lol

Whilst having sympathy for Westwood and agreeing that its Lunacy that a player with his ability can't make the top 40 for his country from a selfish point of view good for Wednesday he's just back from injury let him put his feet up for a week and stay fresh for us without risking any injury with Ireland