Attendance / Ticket prices

Members buying tickets for South stand against Arsenal are getting £11 of £30 outlay back for just one game, another 4 games and they're in profit.

Exactly

If you're a walk up fan and not a member, then you really shouldn't be surprised when it costs you a fair whack to go

Quoting an actual price is needlessly sensationalist? Games like yesterday would have been a great chance to win back some casual fans. Beautiful morning, team on a winning run - just the sort of scenario when people decide to go to a game on the spur of the moment. Categories and membership schemes and high prices work against that. I don't think we need categories in this division - most games are much of a muchness.

i´d go with that ....i´m pretty sure all supporters go to see us win if its a good game even better ,i cant believe anyone would say "we are playing boro there good i´d like to watch them "and dont mind playing 5 -10 quid extra for the privelidge of doing it ........

Zzzzzzzzz.

Don't go then you pikey. So sick of ticket price threads.

Ironic that by inferring I am a Pikey that i cannot afford it, The ironic part is i can well afford it but i also own a Caravan .

There was plenty of seats in the kop and north where it's cheaper. My advice would be sit in one of those stands instead?

I dont do cheap but again you are surmising i cannot afford it when i was pointing out that it is not value, I took a 72 year old yesterday who would struggle to pay even the cohesion price 

Took the words out of my mouth... Complaining about prices so go in most expensive stand....makes sense.. Not.

See above

Choose the most expensive stand

Don't become a member

Moan about ticket prices

lol

I dont do cheap but again you are surmising i cannot afford it when i was pointing out that it is not value, I took a 72 year old yesterday who would struggle to pay even the cohesion price 

No, I wasn't surmising that. You're trying too hard. I was just pointing out your argument doesn't sound half as good when you could've sat on the kop for a very competitive price?

Was it really £39 or was it actually £34? Genuinely don't know the answer, people never seem to make their mind up what number they are quoting.

I'm not suggesting that £34 is acceptable; it isn't. But those who quote the non members prices are being needlessly sensationalist.

Eh? Even if you're a member you've paid £30 for it. Someone like me who might go to 5-6 games a season it adds £5 on. If I was a member today's price would have been £28. I paid £33. Throughout the season even if I was a member it's going to mean it cost me at least £33 over the seaosn for this specific game. So quoting the maximum isn't sensationalising the prices. It's an accurate portrayal for many.

I'm not complaining about paying £33, see my earlier post. I'm complaiining that people think that just because there is a membership scheme it means everyone automatically gets £5 off a game. Even going to 10 games a season it means fans are saving £2 for those games they attend over the season. Wish people would understand this when criticising fans who struggle to afford it. By the way I think the meme earshot scheme is a good idea and should be kept, it just doesn't benefit everybody like some choose to beleive.

The OP subject will always be a hot potato, not just at Hillsborough.

However, while i would like cheaper tickets with an aim of getting between 25-30 thousand regularly, the question was 'is it value for money'?

My answer, compared to what we were watching and paying for last season, would have to be yes!

I am fortunate that i run my own business so POTG home and away wouldn't be an issue. Despite this i still buy my early bird season ticket in the North every season.

I have to close my shop at 1pm (earlier for most away games) in order to get to Hillsborough for around 2pm to get to the Lepp chippy and sit with mates on 'The Wall'

I lose 4 hours+ of trade but that is my decision, i don't smoke and not a massive drinker so live footie with the Wednesday is my main vice in life other than my R1 track days.

I am currently getting a real buzz from watching the blue and white wizards at S6 whilst playing decent football AND winning AND scoring goals.

This wasn't the case last season, i think we can all agree on one thing at least is that it was dire and hard work to watch. Watching Stevie May yesterday reminded me how far we have come in such a short time.

So is the current price justified compared to what we are watching then it is a resounding yes considering it is more than twice as enjoyable as last seasons dross.

I agree it is still a little high but i'm very interested to see how many season tickets we shift for next season.

The last 10-15 years board mis-management at Hillsborough has made it necessary to suffer the short term in order to reap the great benefits in the long term.

UTO

No, I wasn't surmising that. You're trying too hard. I was just pointing out your argument doesn't sound half as good when you could've sat on the kop for a very competitive price?

My point is that even though i can afford it £39.00 for a game against a team in the bottom 3 is not good value. Obviously i am not on my own in thinking that because i am sure the crowd would have been much higher with a lower walk up price . 

I paid £33 yesterday. I will go to maybe 5 games at home and maybe a few away as it's expensive so membership seems pointless at £30. I don't tend to go as often any more and see it more as a day out and a treat. I used to find myself getting wound up at games when we were terrible so now I just like to try and enjoy the game and day out even if we are crap. I didn't mind £33 as it won't be all that often I go and I enjoyed it. However those who are planning on attending 10+ games I do feel sorry for paying walk up prices. It's just too much. I completely agree with the £20 is plenty.

I just hope if/when we get to the premier league the club has the sense to being the ticket prices down vastly. The amount of revenue we bring in from other avenues will dwarf ticket income and it would be great getting 30-40k fans going to the games with smiles on their faces, feeling optimistic instead of people miserable and already in a mood before a balls kicked.

I disagree with the last bit tho.

If /when we get to the premiershit there will be thousands of "fans" that will suddenly buy season tickets. Why should they get cheaper ST s? Surely the time for cheaper STs is now, to get people on board, not reward the part timer/ glory hunter

My point is that even though i can afford it £39.00 for a game against a team in the bottom 3 is not good value. Obviously i am not on my own in thinking that because i am sure the crowd would have been much higher with a lower walk up price .

what as the opposition league position to do with it surely you're paying to watch Wednesday

In my opinion the problem with the ticket prices is the membership. Its £30 for a membership. Go to 6 games and you're still no better off. So its not worth it for many. I think the idea was that most people bought memberships, in which case the tickets prices dont seem as unreasonable. But what's actually happened is at £30 most people haven't got memberships and will pick and choose the odd game, at £5 more expensive. Had the memberships been more affordable, lets say £15 I think more people would have bought them and at £5 less the ticket prices would have seemed less extortionate.

Some of you on here can ridicule fans who complain about ticket prices ,But don,t you see once you get fans saying it,s too expensive thats it we have lost these fans ,And i know some that have said enough is enough .I am a member cost me £31 in the north ,I can honestly say i dont think it was good value .

In my opinion the problem with the ticket prices is the membership. Its £30 for a membership. Go to 6 games and you're still no better off. So its not worth it for many. I think the idea was that most people bought memberships, in which case the tickets prices dont seem as unreasonable. But what's actually happened is at £30 most people haven't got memberships and will pick and choose the odd game, at £5 more expensive. Had the memberships been more affordable, lets say £15 I think more people would have bought them and at £5 less the ticket prices would have seemed less extortionate.

the actual top and bottom of it is...

the original prices were over the top...

the 'scramble' to 'defuse' and 'recover' the situation caused the 'labyrinthe' we now have...

it appears to have been an 'ill advised' avenue to venture down...

i'll be looking for a big improvement next term...

I disagree with the last bit tho.

If /when we get to the premiershit there will be thousands of "fans" that will suddenly buy season tickets. Why should they get cheaper ST s? Surely the time for cheaper STs is now, to get people on board, not reward the part timer/ glory hunter

It's not about rewarding them. I think some people take football too seriously (as I used to). For me now it's more about enjoying a day out/game and hopefully seeing a good performance. I used to be one of those going week in week out and I comoletely feel out of love going to games. I think people in their spare time deserve to be entertained after working all week and get value for money. It's not just about being die hard and supporting your club no matter what.

Everyone has their own opinion though. I think the time for cheaper season tickets is all the time, not just now or not just when we make it but all the time. We shouldn't feel spiteful towards those who only want to come to the bigger games and enjoy their football.

Wolves membership is under £20. There are no categories except members get cheaper tickets for midweek games. Members also get cash rewards when they buy tickets to set against price of tickets for future games. Top price in the ground is £30 and I think through season members get a couple of games for a fiver.

I commend this scheme to the house.