That McGugan goal!

Guest TommyTank

We have a great squad, why are people squabbling about who gets picked, I know we aren't used to having a squad at Wednesday but f'k me we sound so amateur.

An absolutely terrible performance from the bench, walked round the pitch, neshed tackles and his goal took a massive deflection

I'd never have him anywhere near this team, all he's interested in is Lewis McGugan

Guest Darkus Owlus

Come on then.....stop teasing and describe it so I can fantasise about it until we see it on that game show TV program tonight... with Adam the chunk Virgo

Fantastic finish & he's capable of game changing moments.

Having said that, no one can deny that for 20mins, he was a liability defensively, both centrally and out wide (lack of support for Hunt).

He wouldn't get in our team at the moment. Not ahead of Lee, Bannan or Wallace.

But he is a great option for the bench because of the moments he's capable of.

So a player does nowt for his entire appearance, save hitting the side netting from a free-kick and scoring a worldie with the thanks of a deflection from a defender, and people want him to start over Hutch, Lee, and Bannan (who were all fantastic, if a little lacking in creativity at times). 

No thanks... sauntered around the pitch doing nothing apart from those two kicks of a ball in 20 minutes... if he wants to start he needs to show more than that. Absolutely cracking player, and absolutely cracking to put on with the game in its dying ebbs, but he's not one for the whole 90 minutes

Deflected off defender...

What we have lacked for many years are players willing to have a crack, too nervous to pull the trigger or make the forward pass or even create space by running into space and offering up - this is what we have now.   Players with balls not players who hide on the pitch.

McGugan will always have a crack and that's why he'll get or be close to double figures this season.

Deflection - so what?

What we have lacked for many years are players willing to have a crack, too nervous to pull the trigger or make the forward pass or even create space by running into space and offering up - this is what we have now. Players with balls not players who hide on the pitch.

McGugan will always have a crack and that's why he'll get or be close to double figures this season.

Deflection - so what?

#justsaying

Edited by slinger208b

Players with balls not players who hide on the pitch.

Did a great job of hiding today and showed no balls pulling out of tackles