That McGugan goal!

Why ask for evidence then?

Because a couple of people have banged on for the past 3 days no doubt about it being deflected when you have no evidence. People would just rather throw abit of bait out there to the others that have only seen it on tv and its worked a treat 17 pages later and 3 days old .

Its just your opinion about it being a deflection nothing more but the experts at sky have the ability to pause and zoom in with amazing hd to see this and there was no mention of it at all dont you think they would have checked that out.

I don't know if the experts at Sky with their 'amazing HD' would have checked this out, to be honest. I think it only matters to some on here as we have an unusual situation where one group of fans are seeing the same event differently to another group.

Personally I find it quite interesting, but I don't have Sky so I don't know if this is the kind of thing they usually devote many of their resources towards solving. My gut instinct tells me it wouldn't be top of their list of priorities.

I don't know if the experts at Sky with their 'amazing HD' would have checked this out, to be honest. I think it only matters to some on here as we have an unusual situation where one group of fans are seeing the same event differently to another group.

Personally I find it quite interesting, but I don't have Sky so I don't know if this is the kind of thing they usually devote many of their resources towards solving. My gut instinct tells me it wouldn't be top of their list of priorities.

There is a whole channel devoted to football news ,updates,stats. Mcgugens goal was voted best goal of the weekend im sure they had it up a few times rewinding it zooming in on it takes seconds for them

Bizarre.

Other than watching the HD link I've provided I don't what other "proof" I can provide. Wednesday have scored many great goals, there's no need to kid yourself this was one of em.

It was deflected and it was a great goal don't see where those two things are mutually exclusive

How can anybody not see the deflection?

I can't see it.   I couldn't swear if it was deflected or not.  At the game watching live, it didn't seem a deflection..  He was definitely going for goal though.  

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me how we score, or, indeed who gets the last touch, any and every Wednesday goal is wonderful.

Wasn't a clear cut deflection imo, where it was blatantly obvious.  

Looked back at the replays, the more I look at it, the more I think it wasn't a deflection.  Could have marginally touched the defender, but too close to call. 

I'm inclined to think it brushed the defender just because it seemed to loft far more than you'd expect from the way McGugan kicked it, but I can't see an actual deflection and haven't looked at freeze frames or anything daft like that. Who cares though. Great goal and he's fully entitled to it.

My lads just scored one in an under 10's cup game this morning, out a bit further on the wing than Mcgugan and no deflection. Came straight over, chuffed to bits at scoring 'a Mcgugan' ........but it's in Manchester so nobody knows what he's on about :-)