Brad Jones

Guest swintonowl1999

Crap player, disgusting to throw anything at him . Some of our fans are total wastes of space. Glad I wasn't at that game would have probably get grief myself like the time I dared stick up for purse when he was getting dogs abuse

**** me, it's Batman.

We had a few keepers on loans around that time, Ian Turner did well but Frank Carson was absolutely outstanding, we could have gone down that season if it wasn't for him.

lol

Aye, for an 80 year old comedian, t'old lad did all right.

Edited by arithmetic

Guest Distraught!

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=34745 

The club are appealing to wednesdayites to help identify a minority of fans who threw coins at on-loan stopper Brad Jones during the 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.

The Australian goalkeeper has come in for strong criticism from a section of Owls' fans for his recent below-par performances - but a few took their opinions too far in a hostile Hillsborough environment at the weekend.

Chief executive Kaven Walker told the official SWFC site: 'It is unacceptable for fans to throw any implements from the stands, let alone throwing coins at one of our own players. 

'This type of behaviour could lead to the club being investigated and fined by the Football Association and I would urge fans who can identify those who were involved to contact the club anonymously.'

A mix-up between Jones and captain Madjid Bougherra cost the Owls the first of two second-half strikes which drew the visitors level on Saturday - and a run of less than impressive displays between the sticks have called Jones' ability in to question.

The Middlesbrough stopper is nearing the end of his three-month stint at Hillsborough - a stint which cannot be extended due to new FA rules on loan signings.

The club are calling for anyone with any information of the matter to get in touch, anonymously if they wish, by calling 0870 999 1867 or by e-mailing enquiries@swfc.co.uk.

Totally unacceptable.

However, if it was him that was the target of the missiles ..................  :rolleyes:

Hardly surprising, given the number of Neanderthals supporting Wednesday, and the fact that Jones is probably the worst loan signing in all the years I've watched Wednesday. In my opinion (and it is only my opinion) he was equally as bad as Ola Tidman, and it would be a throw up as to who was the worst keeper ever to play for Wednesday

Did we loan Warren Feeney?

just been browsing the internet and came across Brad Jones on Wikipedia. I had a look to see how successful he was for us, and came across a interesting article which claimed he was assaulted by stones,rocks etc by home fans whilst playing for us. Is this true?

Coins thrown from the Kop.

It was a flipping disgrace.

Didn't Real Madrid fans once throw a drum at their chairman? Didn't some Italian fans once throw a lambretta off of the top the San Siro? Wonder what the most obscure thing that has ever been thrown onto the pitch is?

Francis Jeffers?

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=34745

The club are appealing to wednesdayites to help identify a minority of fans who threw coins at on-loan stopper Brad Jones during the 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.The Australian goalkeeper has come in for strong criticism from a section of Owls' fans for his recent below-par performances - but a few took their opinions too far in a hostile Hillsborough environment at the weekend.[/size]Chief executive Kaven Walker told the official SWFC site: 'It is unacceptable for fans to throw any implements from the stands, let alone throwing coins at one of our own players.[/size]'This type of behaviour could lead to the club being investigated and fined by the Football Association and I would urge fans who can identify those who were involved to contact the club anonymously.'[/size]A mix-up between Jones and captain Madjid Bougherra cost the Owls the first of two second-half strikes which drew the visitors level on Saturday - and a run of less than impressive displays between the sticks have called Jones' ability in to

question.[/size]The Middlesbrough stopper is nearing the end of his three-month stint at Hillsborough - a stint which cannot be extended due to new FA rules on loan signings.[/size]The club are calling for anyone with any information of the matter to get in touch, anonymously if they wish, by calling 0870 999 1867 or by e-mailing enquiries@swfc.co.uk.[/size]

He was never the same afterwards. He was a changed man

Edited by theowlsman