Grauniad giving us some flak!

As far as I'm aware the club gave itself the option to charge between £20-£52 on the South Stand (for the sake of argument we'll ignore the three other stands that are less expensive). The way I took it the option of Category A* was in place for the club to charge IF we were around the top 2 challenging for automatic promotion in the last few home games, where demand for tickets would be high. I'm not trying to justify the prices. All I'm saying is based on the performances so far, and the ticket prices for the 3 home games, I can't see the club using the option of Cat A/A* prices.

Obviously things could change over the course of the season and I could be proved wrong, but claiming that we have charged or definitely will charge £52 is a load of rubbish IMO.

Wednesday's most expensive ticket for Bristol City was £46 and cheapest was £39 (for our third highest category).

The most expensive ticket for Leeds v Wednesday (Leeds' top category match) was £37. Their cheapest for this match was £28.

Why is our criticism undeserved and why do you state tickets are comparable with Leeds?

I was going by the article, which lists a number of clubs (including Leeds) whose top price is £40 or more. Is that inaccurate as well (genuine question)?

Guest Deleted member

If they had, do you not think there would have been a thread!?

To be clear, if they charge that for anything other than a game that would seal promotion, it would be outragous.

Can you please remember this for when the thread does appear - as I will forget lol

Apart from Leeds & Rotherham.

Or at least that was the plan when the prices were announced.

Yes, as confirmed to me from the club

A* is a hypothetical tier not used yet, it's possible it'll never be used, it's possible it will be used for the final match of the season which is the 1st/2nd place decider between us and Derby (for example) worth £52 of anyone's money right?

As I understand it - any play off game prices do not have to be submitted in the pricing plan - and that the clubs plan is for these games to be charged at a significantly higher rate than the A* games (again as confirmed to me by the club)

Not really wanting to expand the ticket price argument but eh ho given the recent club expenditure on ground and players, if the new pricing structure increases (or decreases) ticket revenues by 500k it is sort of insignificant in the grand scheme of things. You can see why they have chosen that route but I think DC has been ill advised on the ramifications with the fan base. Unfortunately your average business graduate doesn't always understand the nuances of the location and business sector

As I understand it - any play off game prices do not have to be submitted in the pricing plan - and that the clubs plan is for these games to be charged at a significantly higher rate than the A* games (again as confirmed to me by the club)

Good luck with that given it would be live on Sky

Attendance would be more embarassing than they get at the Lane

Can you please remember this for when the thread does appear - as I will forget lol

Yes.

I was told £76 a ticket (South Stand)

Don't want to debate at length a hypothetical situation that in all probabliity will not materialize, but that would be beyond outrageous.

In addition to games already mentioned I suspect A* will apply if we get a really big home tie in the cup (Man U, City, Chelsea etc).

Cup being a different competition, I would imagine it won't be based on a category, similar to a play off semi. Might be wrong though.

Shocking attitude that mate.

Why is it?

I'm not happy that prices are that high but at least DC has actually gone out and spent like he promised. That's what i'm happy about, that he has kept his word.

It's always going to be the case that the higher up we go, the more it will hit fans in the pocket. In my opinion as long as the investment reflects the price hikes then I will make the best of a bad situation and see the investment in the playing squad as a positive.

Don't know why I got negged so much.

"Prices for some newspapers have been described as 'ridiculously expensive' after an Owlstalk survey found that newspaper prices this season will regularly surpass £2 with The Guardian charging Â£1.80 on its cheapest days.

According to the survey, The Guardian's Sunday edition (The Observer) is one of the most expensive newspapers at a hefty £2.90.

This compares to the Daily Mail, which charges 60p in midweek, 90p on Saturday and £1.60 on Sunday whilst The Sun is cheaper still at 40p in midweek which is the cheapest standard adult price for a newspaper"

(Source: James Borthwick Limited)

Just one point regarding ticket prices for the Play offs.  There would be little point in Wednesday charging really high prices.

As I understand it, all ticket money from the play off semi final matches is pooled and then split between the four teams in the play offs equally.

At least that's how it was in 2005 when we were last in them.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt