Matias voted player of the month

I can't believe he's won it. Hope this doesn't make him think he's doing well.

Blatantly won on the back of arm chair fan votes who just saw the Leeds game.

Depends on the type of guy he is really.

On the one hand it could make him think we're all chuffed with him & make him become complacent. 

On the other hand he's new to this country, style of football & type of fan base....this could really settle him down, relax him & give him a massive confidence boost.

I voted for hunt, care to explain why he's shocking ?

Well apart from the first game of the season I can't remember him beating a man, or putting in many telling crosses either. He seems to just turn backwards. 

Defensively he hasn't been brilliant either, look at the Middlesbrough game, out of position every time they attacked us. 

Anyway, I really rate the guy, he just hasn't had the best of months. I've got no doubt once he gets his fitness up he'll be fantastic. 

Again, I wouldn't say he's been shocking.

I think the system is hindering him. He loves to bomb forward but he's got little to no cover if he's caught on the counter. Which I think is making him think twice about getting forward. 

The system has changed a lot since Ipswich away too I think. It's made CC go into things a little more reserved than he did vs Bristol. 

Yeah maybe too strong a choice of words, but he certainly was nowhere near being player of the month. He'll come good though!

All things considered, he hasn't done too badly. He hasn't even been in the country for two months yet, he cant speak the language... So all in all he's doing about as well as Id expect at this stage (but not as well as Id hoped!)

But player of the month? That's a joke... AT LEAST half a dozen players ahead of him in that accolade.

Guest firebird1

Well apart from the first game of the season I can't remember him beating a man, or putting in many telling crosses either. He seems to just turn backwards.

Defensively he hasn't been brilliant either, look at the Middlesbrough game, out of position every time they attacked us.

Anyway, I really rate the guy, he just hasn't had the best of months. I've got no doubt once he gets his fitness up he'll be fantastic.

Both of boro's last two goals came from down the right, wiggins side, we went for the win and was done on the counter

Both of boro's last two goals came from down the right, wiggins side, we went for the win and was done on the counter

Actually Fabbrini's goal came down Hunts side if you watch it again. 

And I wasn't talking about the goals in particular, just the fact he was out of position a lot throughout the game. 

Why the hate he won a potm thats all not the ballon dor some fans cant ever be happy can they.

Matias/hutch/lees were close but most seem to want to award it to the one scoring some goals . Hope hes buzzing now ready for burnley

I don't think there's "hate" for Matias - just surprise he's won it given that it should have been Hutch.

Actually Fabbrini's goal came down Hunts side if you watch it again. 

And I wasn't talking about the goals in particular, just the fact he was out of position a lot throughout the game. 

Westwood would have been flying off his line towards Fabbrini, Price just showed him the corner and he stuck it away.

I believe Westwood would have save their 2nd & 3rd goals.