Are we really All Wednesday ?

Guest rubydubydoo

Guest rubydubydoo

I love my club

I love match days with a passion

Going with my kids and meeting up with friends who we met at football and have become firm family friends outside of our football relationship.

I've followed Wednesday for years , Eric Potts was the first player I can remember

and I've had the pleasure of watching real Wednesday legends , Sterland, Hirst , Neilson, Sheridan etc..

I've followed us home and away and  had the horror of travelling to Gillingham for a Tuesday night fixture only for it to be called off.

I've watched some real poor stuff but on the flip side I've watched us lift a cup and witnessed promotion whilst with my son.

I don't think we have ever been in a better position than we are currently , had you have a drawn a wish list of everything you wanted from a chairman I cant see you getting a better man than DC.

We have really landed on our feet here and I have no doubt that his medium and long term vision for the club are as exciting as his current short term plans.

I feel we have probably the best squad on a player for player basis in the championship and a coach who is as knowledgeable as he is charismatic and approachable.

When this team gels as it surely will , we will be genuine contenders and a real force to be reckoned with .

The point of this thread is why oh why do we seem to have so many idiotic supporters posting pathetic, rude and offensive views on various social media platforms?

Some of the venomous nasty comments directed at our own players , managers and board make my blood boil, my heart sink and  genuinely weep for the real fans of this wonderful club.

So the next time you read one of these stupid comments from fans who seem to believe we are playing a game of FIFA 15 ( or what ever it is )

Remind them that we are all meant to be Wednesday and if you cant put across a valid alternative  point without being abusive , please do us all a favour and go and watch someone else.

Completely agree with most of that, I started watching a bit later than you did but have been through the up and the even bigger down - apart from "never being in a better position". Even with Chansiri thowing money at it, we'll never finish in the top 3 in the country again sadly...

Oh, and "Nilsson".

The abuse flows both ways.  Criticising the club or DC is seen by some as heresy and people who e.g complain about the ticket prices are called idiots, whingers etc. 

What you say about the team "surely" gelling and your comments on the manager are very firmly matters of opinion and not fact.

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Distraught!

Football is about opinions. Always has been, always will be. This is nothing new. Footy fans have always argued in pubs or on the terraces. Many have diametrically opposed views about players, managers, coaches etc. Social media is just an extension of the pub or terrace. I have a diametrically opposed view to you about the present head coach. I am happy for that to be the case. But it doesn't make one or the other of us more of a Wednesday fan! 

Edited by Distraught!

... we'll never finish in the top 3 in the country again sadly...

Football has changed massively since the summer of 1993 when we were being touted as title contenders and in the current era, Chansiri simply isn't rich enough to put us in that bracket, but Football will change again. We don't know when or how. We don't know if it will turn in our favour or completely against it, but it will change eventually, so I still allow myself a little dream now and again.

Edited by George

Guest rubydubydoo

Dear Mr Distraught.

I take your point entirely.

My point was however directed at those who abuse our current players and management

Debate is healthy and we will always have differing opinions that is the way it should be and what makes the whole thing fun.

I'm no great fan of the pricing policy or catering at Hillsborough

However I wouldn't abuse those responsible, because they are part of my club

Dear Mr Distraught.

I take your point entirely.

My point was however directed at those who abuse our current players and management

Debate is healthy and we will always have differing opinions that is the way it should be and what makes the whole thing fun.

I'm no great fan of the pricing policy or catering at Hillsborough

However I wouldn't abuse those responsible, because they are part of my club

Did that apply to Dave Allen too?

There are some people who seem to have real hatred for and spout vitriolic abuse at players when really it is just a case that in their opinion they are not quite good enough to play for Wednesday. It all gets a bit out of hand

Football has changed massively since the summer of 1993 when we were being touted as title contenders and in the current era, Chansiri simply isn't rich enough to put us in that bracket, but Football will change again. We don't know when or how. We don't know if it will turn in our favour or completely against it, but it will change eventually, so I still allow myself a little dream now and again.

But his family are . If we get promoted just watch TUF flex their muscles . 

Would TUF be prepared to just throw money at it to get us into that top bracket? I don't think so, they'd want a return on their cash.

The difference with the Man City and Chelsea owners is that they've got more money than they know what to do with so are playing with football clubs - they don't make a profit on their investment even if they win the title every year.

Guest Distraught!

Would TUF be prepared to just throw money at it to get us into that top bracket? I don't think so, they'd want a return on their cash.

The difference with the Man City and Chelsea owners is that they've got more money than they know what to do with so are playing with football clubs - they don't make a profit on their investment even if they win the title every year.

TUF cannot throw money into a football club. They are a PLC and have responsibility to their own shareholders. Any spending has to be justified. There will be a budget for commercial activity that could be potentially used for sponsorship. They may well (and I expect they will) use sposorship in Wednesday to add value to the company stock. But it all has to be closely scrutinised and controlled.