4-2-3-1

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Agree with the other post, it's 4-1-4-1

As things stand we're very weak down the left, we don't have a consistent defensive midfielder, and we're persisting with a low tempo approach both on and off the ball. There's next to no pressing the main playmakers of our opposition. We stand off too much.

Regardless of the formation, until we address this we'll have problems

That is spot on.

Middlesboro dominated us in the first half playing a 4231 formation.

Adam Clayton and Grant Leadbitter in the middle pushing the team forward, Downing, Reach and Fabbrini causing problems

Instead we had Sam Hutchinson, inviting them on. Lee & Lopez getting pulled everywhere, Matias & Wallace completely out of the game.

Maybe it could work, I'd like to see McGugan and Bannan together

With Matias, Forestieri, Wallace in front 

....................Westwood

..................Lees.......Turner

Hunt..............................................Pudil

..........Bannan.............Hutchinson

.....................McGugan

Matais....................................Forestieri

.........................Joao

This would be my side for the next 5 games injuries permitting see how they go, some good players missing out week in week out  

Big couple of weeks for us now, these are the players we will be going with (bar hopefully a striker on loan) and CC needs to get some shape and cohesion into the starting 11 as a unit. Going to be a busy time on the training ground and a tough test at Burnley who are a good side and have recruited well.

4-2-3-1 seems to be the formation of choice at the moment, so time to make it work with some very exciting and talented deep lying attacking players we have now recruited. 

For me starting 11...

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Turner

Pudil

Hutchinson

Lopez

Matias

Foriestieri

Wallace

Joao

When you think we then have McGugan, Sougoo, Bannan, Lavery etc to come off the bench to slot into that attacking midfield 3, just shows how far we have come. All we are missing is a proven striker to take the pressure of Joao.

Personally i think the left hand side is never going to be strong enough with Matias playing on the wing. He wonders off too much and leaves us too exposed on the break. 

I would like to see him played up top, playing off FF. might make us a bit lightweight but the movement from those two should open up gaps in defences, which is something we arent doing currently playing a 'target man'.

Personally id go with Kivo's team but swap Joao for Matias.

I honestly don't see what Bannon will bring to the team.

McGugan is also tough to fit in as well as Lopes so one or other for me.

Lee cannot be left out

At Burnley I would start with a front 6 of

Hutch Mcgugan

Lee Foriesteri Matias

Nuhuiu

Tell Hutch and Mcgugan to drive forward not sit back.

Lee will nominally play wide but go all over because he has the engine and will leave room for Hunt to get forward

Nuhuiu to take the early stick with Joao to replace him when game opens up

Job done!

Westwood

Lees    Turner

Hunt                                   Pudil

Lee     McGugan

Wallace     Nando      Matias

Joao

Edited by Fuzzy logics

I think people look at Mcgugan and his ability and shooting and think he should be playing close to the lone striker. I don't see this.

To play there you need pace and trickery , good movement and the ability to get yourself in the game.

Mcgugan much prefers facing the play , driving forward with the ball and spraying passes about.

I would like to see him playing as one of the two midfielders playing a bit deeper so he has to get in the game and can keep us moving forward .

He grew up playing 442 at forest so should easily be capable of playing a bit deeper.