Loovens

Pudil

Mataias

McGugan

Hutchinson

Wallace

Forrestieri

Joao

Loovens will pick up a few knocks this season I reckon, so will Hutch, but with Turner and Lee/Melo to bring in I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Sougou to bring on if Matais or Wallace need a rest, and Big Dave to come on with 20 minutes to go defending those 1-0 leads at home.

This is a good time to be a Wednesdayite...

The fullback/winger link up is critical. Against Bristol City it was fine. No existing since.I am not convinced with Hunt. Palmer had his flaws but puts in a lot of good performances.

The lack of tackling in midfield Hutch excluded worries me. We are being bullied and trampled. If the wingers do not get involved we are outnumbered.

I am a Lee fan and there is a case for playing Semedo in tough away games where we are not going to see a lot of the ball.

We can only play 11 players and much depends up front. Pressure could hopefully be taken off midfield.

Roll on Burnley

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I would go

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Turner

Pudil

Sougou

Mcgugan

Lee

Matias

Forriesteiri

Joao

Perfect team MCGUGAN actually gets stuck in too and obviously lee does but also is good at short passes and moves it quicker than semedo . Sougou Instead of WALLACE as we need s wjnger who will run at players

Very hard though we have WALLACE who's class

Bannan to fit in

Lopez too

Big Dave plays a part

I'm missing out hutch - I think he's better to bring on if I'm honest

Guest UpTheOwlsss

All that money spent and it still looks like a mid table team

difference between mid table and top 6 is usually an15 goal man - we don't have one

But we are capable of top 10 which would be a good improvement on last season

When Forestieri was signed Carlos said it meant he could play the system he wants to now, with FF being a link between the midfield and strikers which he says we've been missing. So I expect Forestieri to be playing behind the front striker and we'll have 4 lines of players, most likely 4-2-3-1

Also we haven't exactly been signing proper wingers so I don't think he has been planning on playing 4 across a midfield at any point imo

Edited by Southie_Owl

I don't know why anyone thinks in the current formation LM could play as one of the deep lying midfielders. Just totally not his game

I personally agree, but the interesting thing with all these best eleven threads we have going at the moment is how every other post seems to have a different formation and players selected and in different positions! Just shows that we have so many options and not much clue on what we are trying to do long term