Swiss Ramble - SWFC

Guest totemowl

This is what interests me

"If these were to be excluded, Wednesday would move up to a more healthy 10th place in the Championship revenue league, but even so their £14 million would still be a long way behind Leicester City £31 million, Leeds United £25 million, Brighton £24 million and Derby County £20 million. Given these numbers, Wednesday’s mid-table performance could be regarded as essentially par for the course.

Why do leeds make 10 million a year more ? It cant be attendances

This is what interests me

"If these were to be excluded, Wednesday would move up to a more healthy 10th place in the Championship revenue league, but even so their £14 million would still be a long way behind Leicester City £31 million, Leeds United £25 million, Brighton £24 million and Derby County £20 million. Given these numbers, Wednesday’s mid-table performance could be regarded as essentially par for the course.

Why do leeds make 10 million a year more ? It cant be attendances

corporate finances mate, we are light years behind them on that score.

corporate finances mate, we are light years behind them on that score.

Abso Bloody Lutely!

For 15/20 years we could not of marketed our way out of a paperbag and its not rocket science.

We have a long way to go its as plain as day.

Hopefully DC is now sorting out this particulaly sad aspect of this great club.

Didn't read it all, but spotted this that I dont understand......

Wednesday have consistently reported smallish losses over the past few years. The last time that they made an accounting profit was in 2011, which was boosted by a £21.4 million (non-cash) credit after the former owner agreed to waive all amounts owed. Excluding this exceptional item, the club would have made a £5.6 million loss instead of a £15.8 million profit.

Which former owner would that be?........also dont remember owt about making a 15.8 million quid profit.

Guest totemowl

Didn't read it all, but spotted this that I dont understand......

Wednesday have consistently reported smallish losses over the past few years. The last time that they made an accounting profit was in 2011, which was boosted by a £21.4 million (non-cash) credit after the former owner agreed to waive all amounts owed. Excluding this exceptional item, the club would have made a £5.6 million loss instead of a £15.8 million profit.

Which former owner would that be?........also dont remember owt about making a 15.8 million quid profit.

Former owners?

This is at the point that MM rescued the club. There was no profit as such, just debts that were written off. For accounting purposes, in that year, it probably looks like a profit.

Tho I'm no accountant...