Best 11 as it stands now ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Gazzaswfc

Just as it says pick you ideal team as it stands now before tommorow's deadline . What's your preferred formation 442 433 4123 ?

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Turner

Pudil

Hutch

Lee

Lopez

Matias

Forestieri

Nuhiu

No idea what formation. Not 100% sure about Matias based on defensive capability, I just think he gives the team another dimension.

Formation is the key - I am actually happy with the squad, even if we don't land a striker tomorrow I won't be devastated, but already have my doubts re. formation / style. I have nothing against the passing, patient style, or 4-1-4-1 / 4-2-3-1 whatever It is, but think it takes time or should be an organic change rather than throwing baby out with the bathwater.

Honestly I doubt the formation / style will change with CC at the helm, so we better get used to it and give the players the patience required.

Anyway - back to the questions:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Turner

Pudil

Hutch

Matias

Lee

Forestieri

Wallace

Joao

-----------------------Westwood-----------------------

Hunt------------Lees-----------Turner---------Pudil

------------------------------------Hutch---------------

---------------------Lee---------------------------------

-Wallace------------Forestieri--------------Matias-

-------------------------Joao---------------------------

Bench: Wildsmith, Sasso, Helan, Semedo, McGugan, Bannan, Sougou

There's no way we'll play without wingers. 

Probably not, but with the way we are playing at the moment our wingers are spending way too much time out of the game for my liking, and their lack of defensive workrate is a big factor in how easily we are getting carved open in my opinion.

I would sacrifice wingers for the time being in favour of the more industrious types ala Lee/Bannan, as long as Joao is running the channels, and we still have good width provided by the full backs.

McGugan and Forestieri should be more than good enough to pull the strings centrally for us.