People that succeeded/flopped at S6

Hillsborough has been a graveyard for the careers of various players and managers whilst others have flourished here. I thought it'd be interesting to go through a few:

Crashed and burned:

Paul Jewell

Andy Sinton

Martin Taylor

Giles de Bilde

Danny Wilson

Patrick Blondeau

Klas Ingesson

Flourished:

John Sheridan

Roland Nilsson

David Hirst

Chris Brunt

Glenn Whelan

Michail Antonio

Makes you wonder whether the underlying confidence & finances of the club have the biggest influence on the success of players and staff?

Any more?

Chris Brunt was the Nuhiu of his day for much of his Hillsborough career - He was frustrating and inconsistent on occasions and didn't the boo boys let him know.

In my 50 years we have always had a section of supporters that are highly impatient and rush to judgement on some players. 

Even Whelan had some serious detractors.

Many were happy when Antonio was sold and how many thought Afobe was cr*p...the list goes on?

Footballs all about opinions and a large section of our fans are way too critical.

Ross Barkley case in point....when he was here you could see he was thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead of everyone else which occasionally made him look bad playing a ball into a channel where someone should have been running.

megson- good as player and did a good job as manager

Bougherra whatever happened to him ? loved them muck or nettles runs from defence sh8t myself but loved em

What a player. Went onto captain Rangers in SPL (before punishments) then went to Turkey I believe.

Was the most exciting player I have ever seen play for SWFC purely for the fact he was a defender taking on players in his own half. Was great and scary at the same time.

Ian Turner crashed and burned straight after us. Played 11 on loan for us think we went undefeated and then got recalled and let in 7 against Man U for Everton.

Guest Gazzaswfc

Beswetherick he was crap when he came & was crap when he left along with tidmam Barry murphy potter lunt Westwood Jeffers west & bothroyd

probably the 1st car crash in my life time was a lad called eddie holliday who was an english international winger who we signed from boro was total dross theres been plenty more since with jeffers being the worst in modern times .....as for successes david layne , tommy craig & hirsty would be the standouts for me .

Beswetherick he was crap when he came & was crap when he left along with tidmam Barry murphy potter lunt Westwood Jeffers west & bothroyd

I remember him hitting the bar from 40 yards with an absolute belter of a shot. Even that didn't go in. Says it all lol

Mel "Zico" Sterland, made his debut as a seventeen year old and went on to be capped for England. Can't get much more successful than that.

As for flops sit has to be Jeffers, just because of how much we paid for him. If he's not careful Stevie May will join him

Even Chris Brunt was targeted by the boo boys at Hillsboro.  No wonder our away form is often better than our home form.   

Not many have flourished here. We even decided Jamie Vardy, Benik Afobe, Darko Kovacevic and Grant Holt were nowt special and let them move on for peanuts.   OK Afobe wasn't ours but he could have been.

:duntmatter: