A bunch of no-bodies ....

Too many Wednesdayites are playing championship manager for my liking .... perhaps they should forward their recommendations to the club .......

Also, this is a very odd attitude to take.

Don't get me wrong, a game should never replace what you can learn from real life stats, observations and performances... but these games are so successful because they try to build a reputable and accurate database. If someone is good in a game, chances are they're not that bad in real life... errors are becoming increasingly rare. Not all good players in games are good players in real life- either through lack of ability or not being able to settle into the country, system etc. Equally, not all bad players in games are bad players in real life- but in general they correlate accurately more often than not...

Don't get me wrong, a game should never replace what you can learn from real life stats, observations and performances... but these games are so successful because they try to build a reputable and accurate database. If someone is good in a game, chances are they're not that bad in real life... errors are becoming increasingly rare. Not all good players in games are good players in real life- either through lack of ability or not being able to settle into the country, system etc. Equally, not all bad players in games are bad players in real life- but in general they correlate accurately more often than not...

Which is why some Prem teams actually bid to have first look at the databases each year so they can scout players that look good.

Prem teams actually use FM to scout players. Incerdible isn't it.

Bit no, according to some we shouldn't bother as they are 'only games'.

Get a life ..... Franny Jeffers once made it into double figures for our lads for me ..... championship manager is crap ....

Which is why some Prem teams actually bid to have first look at the databases each year so they can scout players that look good.

Prem teams actually use FM to scout players. Incerdible isn't it.

Bit no, according to some we shouldn't bother as they are 'only games'.

I was an FM researcher for half a decade.

Everton signed a deal with SI to ensure they saw the completed database early to help them identify targets; which they would subsequently look at further using software such as Prozone, WhyScout and ultimately then send scouts to watch the most promising targets.

I was an FM researcher for half a decade.

Everton signed a deal with SI to ensure they saw the completed database early to help them identify targets; which they would subsequently look at further using software such as Prozone, WhyScout and ultimately then send scouts to watch the most promising targets.

Yep, that's what I was thinking off.

Get a life ..... Franny Jeffers once made it into double figures for our lads for me ..... championship manager is crap ....

Please see the posts highlighting that Premier League clubs use the Football Manager database to identify targets- to the extent that Everton signed an exclusive rights deal with Sports Interactive.

Best let the Everton scouting network know one of their methods is crap though, I'm sure they'll appreciate the feedback.

i will never start a topic entitled ...... ' i told you so ' ..... i'm just concerned ,,,,,

No worries just messing, I can understand why you might be worried but the general opinion is the unknown foreigners are good players. I feel it may take a month or so to perfect but then we will have a good team 👍 and btw I'm usually very pessimistic

Edited by Southie_Owl

No worries just messing, I can understand why you might be worried but the general opinion is the unknown foreigners are good players. I feel it may take a month or so to perfect but then we will have a good team and btw I'm usually very pessimistic

This. (Apart from the pessimism bit)

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Hope you're right mate .... Just looks a bit of a car- crash at the moment ....

Are you just a badly spelt anagram?