Kenwyne Jones

A big NO to Kenwyne Jones from me. The guy just doesn't have the hunger we need to get out of this division.

I read in the new FFT magazine, the season preview edition, the Cardiff section had a "player you'd happily drive to his next club" and it was Kenwyne Jones, with the claim they'd never seen anyone as lazy as him.

A big NO to Kenwyne Jones from me. The guy just doesn't have the hunger we need to get out of this division.

I read in the new FFT magazine, the season preview edition, the Cardiff section had a "player you'd happily drive to his next club" and it was Kenwyne Jones, with the claim they'd never seen anyone as lazy as him.

to be fair, if i had 254 other players in the same position as me at a club id think "f*ck it" as well

Sounds likebthe kind of player Gray would get the best out of

The way I read it, it was just Russell Slade saying he's part of what they are trying to do this season. The usual manager talk, he's hardly going to say "yeah he's shitt and we don't want him"...he loaned him out last season so he can't fancy him that much?

Terry Phillips didnt seem that convinced tbh the way he put that nothings happening.  I wouldn't rule it out.   Maybe an initial enquiry has been made. If Jones heads been turned its going  to be difficult for  Cardiff to not let him go when he sitting on 25k a week not wanting to be  there.

Why do Kenwyn Jones, Ben10 and Jordan Rhodes threads stay in this section while Connor Wickham threads get moved to non-SWFC and then deleted?

Some mods on here are very arbitrary.

Just seeking clarity!

Your thread was relating to a Sunderland player being transferred to Crystal Palace. That is Non SWFC news, whichever way you want to slice it, and there's nothing arbitrary about it.

It was deleted because it offered no new information and was basically an argument about whether it was now in the right section or not. It was, but you still want to keep the argument going.

Clarity provided. 

Terry Phillips didnt seem that convinced tbh the way he put that nothings happening. I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe an initial enquiry has been made. If Jones heads been turned its going to be difficult for Cardiff to not let him go when he sitting on 25k a week not wanting to be there.

Yes that's the way I read it. He's probably just going on what Slade said the other day.

Yes that's the way I read it. He's probably just going on what Slade said the other day.

But Penguin said he was right, so that means there is no way Jones is even considering us, or that cardiff are willing to sell or loan him, or that we were even interested. Or something. I really don't even know what to believe anymore. Someone wake me up when transfer deadline is done and Nixon and Penguin disappear till January....

Let's hope Kenwyne and his agent kicks up a fuss if he does want to come. Based on us having made the enquiry.

Cardiff won't want to tell the media anything if there is still a chance nothing happens.

Did Slade say why he didn't travel ?

Last season's champions seemed to think he was good enough for their squad. Maybe we should listen to them.

All this stuff about him being lazy is beyond parody. He tailors his game to his strengths - he's a big lad and 30 years old, it's not his job to cover every blade of grass. 

He'll get three touches of the ball in a game, but two will be attempts on goal*.

*stats made up

Edited by WC1Owl