Only seen the highlights but.....

It was clear players were not giving it all at times .... many made mistakes for all their goals.... but who would expect them to - it's about fitness and not getting injured at this stage of pre-season. First half was encouraging that we CAN score goals and Nuhiu CAN head a ball lol!

What would you want to do win 4-0 like the blunts and lose two players for the start of the season due to bad injuries ........

So don't expect too much on saturday either ... a week to the FA Cup Final ... kick off against Bristol City!

getting giddy enough to start a thread on a 1 minute video of us gettin our asse kicked!

who's the bell?

Clearly you are you worthless pr1ck, trolling owlstalk trying give people a rough ride. Take more than a little rat like you to knock me off my game though x x

It was clear players were not giving it all at times .... many made mistakes for all their goals.... but who would expect them to - it's about fitness and not getting injured at this stage of pre-season. First half was encouraging that we CAN score goals and Nuhiu CAN head a ball lol!

What would you want to do win 4-0 like the blunts and lose two players for the start of the season due to bad injuries ........

So don't expect too much on saturday either ... a week to the FA Cup Final ... kick off against Bristol City!

Exactly I think the two positives I highlighted are something to be pleased about and I'm more than happy to be patient with so much change having happened, it will be 6-8 weeks before I get too excited one way or another

I will set my prediction now that CC will be gone as coach by the end of September. And that is based on not seeing any of the pre season games. Just don't see his approach working in the Championship

What approach is that mkowl?

I will set my prediction now that CC will be gone as coach by the end of September. And that is based on not seeing any of the pre season games. Just don't see his approach working in the Championship

Will you never come on here if that doesn't happen ? No...didn't think so

Oh reight, good one that pal! Excelled thee sen there.

Don't worry soft lad there's always tomorrow. You might grow into a real man then.

yep, i (sadly) finally stooped to your level,  since youve already called me a bellennd & a worthless pr!kk & a troll(wtf!) among other things, in this thread. Basically behaved exactly as youve accused me of behaving...and for what, cos you cant take my opening reply!! 

this

highlights aint out yet are they?

just the 1m 9s of the goals is all i can see atm. l0l at you getting positivity from it. dont get me wrong, no need to panic yet.. but to actually find positives from that! please... only a friendly but honest, we were crap.   

i suggest if you cant take comments like that, maybe starting threads aint for you..

or maybe you have taken it the wrong way. first post in any thread is often a clever one on ere, but in this case mine isnt! 

yes ive said you getting positivity from a ONE minute goals vid (in a 4-2 loss) has made me laugh.... but it did make me laugh, it still does now...but tbf i watched 90 more minutes than you. (can anyone even decide what makes them laugh!?)

obv' we did some good things, scored 2, so i guess you could take that as a positive! .. but not to start a thread about cos to me thats a given, we are a championship side who has made some good signings, of course we can play a bit.... but defensively we have gone backwards, experienced heads looking lost, no semblance of a team, big gaps, ... i went to the game, so i knew there was not much to be positive about, if anything... its ok looking decent with the ball, but last night we was horrifying when we didnt have it...

had you gone to the game, like nearly 2000 others, & watched 91m 9s rather than 1m 9s, you wouldn't have made your thread.

anyways, since im a pr11k an a bell you wont wanna be talking to me will ya, so ill leave it there i think... 

yep, i (sadly) finally stooped to your level, since youve already called me a bellennd & a worthless pr!kk & a troll(wtf!) among other things, in this thread. Basically behaved exactly as youve accused me of behaving...and for what, cos you cant take my opening reply!!

this

i suggest if you cant take comments like that, maybe starting threads aint for you..

or maybe you have taken it the wrong way. first post in any thread is often a clever one on ere, but in this case mine isnt!

yes ive said you getting positivity from a ONE minute goals vid (in a 4-2 loss) has made me laugh.... but it did make me laugh, it still does now...but tbf i watched 90 more minutes than you. (can anyone even decide what makes them laugh!?)

obv' we did some good things, scored 2, so i guess you could take that as a positive! .. but not to start a thread about cos to me thats a given, we are a championship side who has made some good signings, of course we can play a bit.... but defensively we have gone backwards, experienced heads looking lost, no semblance of a team, big gaps, ... i went to the game, so i knew there was not much to be positive about, if anything... its ok looking decent with the ball, but last night we was horrifying when we didnt have it...

had you gone to the game, like nearly 2000 others, & watched 91m 9s rather than 1m 9s, you wouldn't have made your thread.

anyways, since im a pr11k an a bell you wont wanna be talking to me will ya, so ill leave it there i think...

It's kind of hard to go to games from Canada, though I did have a season ticket for 15 years before I left. And probably spent more getting to 4 games last Easter than most people with season tickets spent all year, and will be doing the same again this Easter, not that I will ever have to justify my right to an opinion!

Your opening post "Lol at you" and berating me for saying highlights instead of goals, then your little smiley after your little side kick came on to back you up prompted more than one person to notice you were both being pr1cks!

Coupled with the fact you've got form for trying to be one of the owlstalk henchmen patheticly trying to live in a world where you call the shots! Were you not one of the people calling for Swinton to get banned for making an incorporate Joke about the disabled? Yet make a statement that I'm on some sunshine bus? I can only assume that bus is for people that are disabled, maybe you should ban yourself.

And now you feel it's appropriate to suggest that "maybe starting threads ain't for you"

You have no control or overriding opinion here you pathetic little man, and it laughable you feel you should.

My OP was balanced and honest and promoted no ridicule whatsoever yet you seemed to thing you could sawn around it like a school yard bully. Well you wouldn't bully me out in the real world and you won't here. You are all of the things I've called you and if you continue so will I because you will not massage your mentally fragile state at my expense, stick to 16 year olds like Swinton you big boy you

Wow.... your an Idiot.

and some mate who i have never spoke to in my life said it better than i ever could, everything he said in post 2 was bang on,  not that you will believe that... Ignorance is bliss i suppose.

rather than call him a bell, since you started the topic, why didnt you reply to his comments that you watched us on the ball for 19 seconds? cos lets be honest, you never got your positivity from the 4 goals conceded did you?.... no, so its 19 seconds ffs, 

loads of fans who attended was posting their not happy thoughts in the OMDT, did you not read them? 

so im continuing to talk footy and you continue to talk absoljute tripe. 

bless you, i pity you for your anger but i like you, ya mad old fool.

your missus been playing away with one of dem pesky roamin big bears? 

bit of advice, chill out a bit, youll live longer. so much anger aint good for the old ticker....init.

oh and you keep having a dig about the highlights/goals comment! (seems to have wound you up)

you do understand that on the night of the game a 1m vid of the goals comes out.. but a day or two later a 5 minute highlights package comes out reyt?? (obv not)

so my point was...had you watched the 5 min H/L package it would be a little more understandable of you to post the thread... but on the 1 min goals package, we had the ball for 19 seconds....

how hard is it to understand ffs.

oh and you keep having a dig about the highlights/goals comment! (seems to have wound you up)

you do understand that on the night of the game a 1m vid of the goals comes out.. but a day or two later a 5 minute highlights package comes out reyt?? (obv not)

so my point was...had you watched the 5 min H/L package it would be a little more understandable of you to post the thread... but on the 1 min goals package, we had the ball for 19 seconds....

how hard is it to understand ffs.

2 quotes hey sweetie, and I'm the one getting mad.

My Mrs doesn't play away she's more than satisfied with her man. Clearly yours won't be as your not even satisfied with yourself. There are a number of free charity based places you could use for counciling obviously I'm assuming a person of your level couldn't afford high level help, however if I'm wrong and I hope I am, spend the money you obviously need the best.

You don't need to understand my post on a public forum you just need to respect it, or get treated with the same disrespect in return.

Your turn, take as much time as you need to dry your eyes I will check back don't worry.

Personally, If i was an owl living in canada, and we had just played in front of 2000 of our fans, alot of whom were commenting all over owlstalk during/after the game, i would have took that opportunity to READ and learn a bit about the team,  not started a thread based on 19 seconds, i mean how many times did we actually touch the ball in them 19 seconds? ... im guessing two for the 1st goal (corner), and maybe 4 or 5 touches for the second? so about 7 touches in all...but thats me.

dont get me wrong, its good that your not a doom mongerer, i like that you can get positivity from that ... its why i didnt take the pee in my reply (seriously!) .. but having come out of the ground really deflated from our lack of any team cohesion (in what is our last away game until Ipswich!!) i did find your thread funny (sorry).  one of them if i dont laugh ill cry moments... 

your turn.. abuse time again is it? l0l

(its turned into the lucas Joao thread)

seriously, reply if you want, have the last word but im done. 

time for a kit kat  :picnic:

Edited by GY-owl.4

Personally, If i was an owl living in canada, and we had just played in front of 2000 of our fans, alot of whom were commenting all over owlstalk during/after the game, i would have took that opportunity to READ and learn a bit about the team, not started a thread based on 19 seconds, i mean how many times did we actually touch the ball in them 19 seconds? ... im guessing two for the 1st goal (corner), and maybe 4 or 5 touches for the second? so about 7 touches in all...but thats me.

dont get me wrong, its good that your not a doom mongerer, i like that you can get positivity from that ... its why i didnt take the pee in my reply (seriously!) .. but having come out of the ground really deflated from our lack of any team cohesion (in what is our last away game until Ipswich!!) i did find your thread funny (sorry). one of them if i dont laugh ill cry moments...

your turn.. abuse time again is it? l0l

(its turned into the lucas Joao thread)

seriously, reply if you want, have the last word but im done.

time for a kit kat :picnic:

A balanced argument that is respectful is more than fine. But yet again you seem to think that somehow you have a right to make suggestions about how I should act in accordance with your ideoligy. Where do you get this perspective from? Though I did read owlstalk which is why I made my points in my own thread as is my right, there is very little to learn about the team from 40k different opinions, especially when football fans have a tendency to be so extremely hot and cold.

But as we both know I talked about just the instances I saw and the benefit of not being at the game I was able to watch them four or five times and base my view on them and them alone. All of which were balanced. And not worthy of ridicule.

Well I went to the game and I saw quite a few positives. UTO

I'm glad to hear there were more than just the two I saw, I think we will be alright. I don't see the big problem with not feeling like the world is going to end due to an underwhelming preseason

Guest owl from retford

Would say there first was offside and a couple of others were from just poor defending Helan is no left back need to sort this out asap lachman not had much of a look in so not sure carvalhal knows his best back four maybe tomorrow we will see who we will start season with