"Mind the gap" season - SONG

Still think of Lees Electric whenever I hear that song.

A potential classic ignored by thousands!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ELECTRIC

I fail to understand why Simon Cowell or other record label managers haven't signed me up to write songs.

It's my calling.

Edited by FlyingOwl

A potential classic ignored by thousands!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ELECTRIC

I fail to understand why Simon Cowell or other record label managers haven't signed me up to write songs.

It's my calling.

I think it has too many words for the average football fan I'm afraid.

Edited by SBOwl

and we say they are obsessed by us.

Because we'd be the first team to sing about our closest rivals...in terms of proximity?

Celtic neeeeeever sing about Rangers or vice-versa.

Liverpool and Everton never utter a note about each other?

City and United, no?

Sunderland and Newcastle?

Just the same as the boxing day massacre was a massive event in our clubs history, the 'mind the gap season' was also massive.

It's also more relevant to younger generations. Singing Hark Now Hear i'm really singing a football song about an event I wasn't around for and know little about. I'm not saying it's wrong to sing it now. But we need to breathe new life into our supporters...any new songs will do.

In any case. United brought this one on themselves.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Because we'd be the first team to sing about our closest rivals...in terms of proximity.

Celtic neeeeeever sing about Rangers or vice-versa.

Liverpool and Everton never utter a note about each other?

City and United, no?

Sunderland and Newcastle?

Just the same as the boxing day massacre was a massive event in our clubs history, the 'mind the gap season' was also massive.

It's also more relevant to younger generations. Singing Hark Now Hear i'm really singing a football song about an event I wasn't around for and know little about. I'm not saying it's wrong to sing it now. But we need to breathe new life into our supporters...any new songs will do.

In any case. United brought this one on themselves.

Agree fully.

To be honest, we don't really have much else to sing about at the moment.

As a Mid-Table Championship team, you have to use whatever material you can, and the blunts are a gold mine!

Tried this before on here but i'll try again. To the tune of sloop john b by the beech boys........

We beat 'em at Wembelee

2-1back in '93

On Boxing day in '79 we got four (oh we got four)

Then in twenty-twelve

They told us to mind the gap

but just like back then, we beat 'em again!

To be followed with a rousing chorus of this city is ours.

Try it to yourself, its actually quite good and celebrates each of the events highlighted in the OP.

Tried this before on here but i'll try again. To the tune of sloop john b by the beech boys........

We beat 'em at Wembelee

2-1back in '93

On Boxing day in '79 we got four (oh we got four)

Then in twenty-twelve

They told us to mind the gap

but just like back then, we beat 'em again!

To be followed with a rousing chorus of this city is ours.

Try it to yourself, its actually quite good and celebrates each of the events highlighted in the OP.

Don't know the song or tune, but the lyrics are good.

Rhyming is the future!

Agree fully.

To be honest, we don't really have much else to sing about at the moment.

As a Mid-Table Championship team, you have to use whatever material you can, and the blunts are a gold mine!

Yeah us having the strongest squad we've had in 15 years, new ambition about the way we should be progressing and a new look hillsborough means the only thing we've got to sing about is them.

Yeah us having the strongest squad we've had in 15 years, new ambition about the way we should be progressing and a new look hillsborough means the only thing we've got to sing about is them.

That doesn't even rhyme.

That's it people. No more singing if you don't flipping bounce....no hark now hear...no at the lane... No Shoreham rumblezoids...

Christ.

The fun police have a new member.

That's it people. No more singing if you don't flipping bounce....no hark now hear...no at the lane... No Shoreham rumblezoids...

Christ.

The fun police have a new member.

I just hate how we say they're obsessed with us but yet there is two threads out of our homepage, based on them. It's they're 5/6th year (lost count) in that tinpot league i don't even consider them relevant to sing about.

I just hate how we say they're obsessed with us but yet there is two threads out of our homepage, based on them. It's they're 5/6th year (lost count) in that tinpot league i don't even consider them relevant to sing about.

So you're not going to be singing Hark Now Hear? Or bouncing?

This whole 'they're obsessed with us...we look like we're obsessed with them' is childish playground stuff anyway.

The same as 'our attendances are better...' blah blah blah. It's a bit 'my dad's bigger than your dad'. Absolutely pointless and childish.

They, whatever way you slice it, are our biggest rivals and it's natural in football to sing about your biggest rivals. 

Just go to football and sing whatever you like.

People are too bothered about what other fans think. 

The only thing that matters is creating as much noise as possible. And, if it winds them across the city up, bonus. 

MIND THE GAP MIND THE GAP SAID UNITED

MIND THE GAP MIND THE GAP SAID THEY

MIND THE GAP MIND THE GAP SAID UNITED

LAUGHING AT THEM SINCE BOXING DAY!

Can someone with a decent following get this doing the rounds on Twitter.

Edit: Never mind I've just checked... 146 characters.

Edited by DMX