The Greatest - take a bow Chris Waddle

Take it you weren't at Brunton Park for the cup game, in 1979,when a teenage Peter Beardsley took Wednesday apart single handedly, or at Charlton when Ante Mirocevic put on the greatest performance I've ever seen by a midfield player wearing a Wednesday shirt?

No mate

Take it you weren't at Brunton Park for the cup game, in 1979,when a teenage Peter Beardsley took Wednesday apart single handedly, or at Charlton when Ante Mirocevic put on the greatest performance I've ever seen by a midfield player wearing a Wednesday shirt?

I'm going on holiday to Elevenerife next week.

I was at both those games and still rate the Waddle performance as the best individual performance I've ever seen at a Wednesday match.

It's all about opinions, of course, although I suspect from your snarky comment that you only believe that yours counts, but I believe that you have to take them in context and take into account the quality of the opposition.

The Beardsley performance, as impressive as it may have been, was two 3rd division teams playing a second round FA Cup game. Ante's game against Charlton was two mid table 2nd division teams. No doubting that it was a superb performance though.

Waddle, on the other hand, absolutely tore apart a decent mid table premier league side, as were we at that time although we finished stronger in 7th place. At that time the quality of the premier league was a lot higher than many previous seasons due to the influx of Sky money and foreigners. No contest.........

.....in my opinion.