The Portuguese Connection

Guest micheledipiedi

Just maybe this chansiri guy is not as clueless as he will have you believe?

Not what he would have us believe, the number of folk on here calling the ongoing process a shambles (with very little substance) has done more to undermine DC than anything else

Aye indeed, or more likely, was the signing of the aforementioned players the beginning of a rift between Stuey and the other members of the committee that eventually became untenable? My guess would be that Stuey was initially part of Chansiri's plans going forward but events since then changed that position.

I would agree, which is a pity seeing as the opportunity for SG to improve his coaching skills within the current set up would not have done him any harm at all

0.jpg

There's a chap called Pete Piempongsant, who's quite involved at Hillsborough at the min. Regularly pictured with Chansiri

JS43723577.jpg

Is he the one on the right lol

He had a hand in the Reading takeover with his dad Pairoj Piempongsant

article-0-027E2A6600000578-332_468x284.jpg

And Pete's dad Pairoj, was a key member in the Man City takeover...

So it's all very interesting at the min, we should have contacts galore, that haven't been available to us in the past......

i don't think chansiri is clueless in the slightest but you'd have to be a true football obsessive to have heard of some of our signings of late. particularly Melo and Sasso, so it would make sense that someone is advising.

Not sure on this Dutch connection - who else is there except for Lachman?

And as for the Semedo thing, he was already playing in England so you can kind of discount that one

Well we've had/got Loovens, Drenthe and Lachman. Also believe they are more to come sooner rather than later.

Chelsea and Tottenham have both had Portuguese managers which hasn't really resulted in a huge influx of fellow countrymen. Chelsea have had a few Portuguese players, but never more than the odd one or two Don't think we ought to get too carried away with concentrating on one group, although I suppose it does help players to settle. I like the look of that Ricardo guy though, he's the type of quality we need if we're gonna make any sort of impact this season

The odd one or two? Try this

Paulo Ferreira

Ricardo Carvalho

Thiago

Maniche

Jose Bosingwa

Deco

Ricardo Queresma

Hilario

AVB was given hardly any time at Tottenham too. Nowadays Mourinho has about 10 Brazilians (Portuguese speaking) and he's in the market for more with Kennedy about to sign. Come on guru know your facts before you say something.

The odd one or two? Try this

Paulo Ferreira

Ricardo Carvalho

Thiago

Maniche

Jose Bosingwa

Deco

Ricardo Queresma

Hilario

AVB was given hardly any time at Tottenham too. Nowadays Mourinho has about 10 Brazilians (Portuguese speaking) and he's in the market for more with Kennedy about to sign. Come on guru know your facts before you say something.

Tiago dude, Thiago is Spanish. Keep up!  lol

I may be the only one, but i'm very pleased with the way recruitment is going.

I like the idea of picking up 20-25 year olds with potential rather than picking up has beens with a name. All our signings since DC took over have been younger players with room to grow and, you'd hope, ambition to improve and succeed.

Supplement this with a couple of Steve Watson type signings and we might be onto something.

Have to admit they are a little different from the norm and only time will tell - I just hope they can stay free from injury.

I think we will get a better idea of the quality of signings when we start to bring in more attacking players - this is where we really need more strength

Tiago dude, Thiago is Spanish. Keep up! lol

Ha your now what I mean. All those names were spelling and from memory. I do know the difference lol

Exactly my point. Tiago is the ex Chelsea who is at atletico. Thiago is the ex Barca and now Bayern. Ones Portuguese, ones spanish. Bloody hell you ruin the joke haha

Think that did just go over his head lol

Given what has happened in the last few weeks, it makes you wonder who was behind the signings of Melo and Bus and what the long term plan was (especially for the manager) even back then.

My thoughts 100% Gray knew hi fate in january