The Portuguese Connection

Guest micheledipiedi

Guest micheledipiedi

With the appointment of Carvahal and the all Portuguese coaching team, to go with the signing of Sasso from Braga, and Melo also from Portugal at Xmas, there is clearly some kind of Portuguese connection behind the scenes. 

I think there is someone pulling the strings, or at least advising DC, with strong links to Portugal. I know Bus and Lachman don't fit this pattern, and yes, there is clearly an increased European scouting operation on our part, but I would put money on someone from Portugal having Dejphon's ear - Jorge Mendes perhaps?

Now lets wait for William Carvalho and CR7 to show up, eh

Given what has happened in the last few weeks, it makes you wonder who was behind the signings of Melo and Bus and what the long term plan was (especially for the manager) even back then.

You can bet your mortgage on the fact that CC has been on DCs radar since he took over probably even whilst negociations were ongoing

Chelsea and Tottenham have both had Portuguese managers which hasn't really resulted in a huge influx of fellow countrymen. Chelsea have had a few Portuguese players, but never more than the odd one or two Don't think we ought to get too carried away with concentrating on one group, although I suppose it does help players to settle. I like the look of that Ricardo guy though, he's the type of quality we need if we're gonna make any sort of impact this season

I may be the only one, but i'm very pleased with the way recruitment is going.

I like the idea of picking up 20-25 year olds with potential rather than picking up has beens with a name. All our signings since DC took over have been younger players with room to grow and, you'd hope, ambition to improve and succeed.

Supplement this with a couple of Steve Watson type signings and we might be onto something.

Wonder if he is mates with Mourinho.

Could he throw a couple of players our way?

He's best mates! What I've heard apparently, they sound identical too (get redy for Mourinho-esque POG post match interviews lol).

Really looking forward to a few players from Chelsea lets hope, a bit more match wise than lewis baker though.

post-11471-0-12162900-1435797376.jpg

There's a chap called Pete Piempongsant, who's quite involved at Hillsborough at the min. Regularly pictured with Chansiri 

post-11471-0-73580400-1435797508.jpg

He had a hand in the Reading takeover with his dad Pairoj Piempongsant

post-11471-0-57381700-1435797626.jpg

And Pete's dad Pairoj, was a key member in the Man City takeover...

So it's all very interesting at the min, we should have contacts galore, that haven't been available to us in the past......

Guest Distraught!

Given what has happened in the last few weeks, it makes you wonder who was behind the signings of Melo and Bus and what the long term plan was (especially for the manager) even back then.

Aye indeed, or more likely, was the signing of the aforementioned players the beginning of a rift between Stuey and the other members of the committee that eventually became untenable? My guess would be that Stuey was initially part of Chansiri's plans going forward but events since then changed that position.

Guest micheledipiedi

i don't think chansiri is clueless in the slightest but you'd have to be a true football obsessive to have heard of some of our signings of late. particularly Melo and Sasso, so it would make sense that someone is advising.

Not sure on this Dutch connection - who else is there except for Lachman?

And as for the Semedo thing, he was already playing in England so you can kind of discount that one

With the appointment of Carvahal and the all Portuguese coaching team, to go with the signing of Sasso from Braga, and Melo also from Portugal at Xmas, there is clearly some kind of Portuguese connection behind the scenes.

I think there is someone pulling the strings, or at least advising DC, with strong links to Portugal. I know Bus and Lachman don't fit this pattern, and yes, there is clearly an increased European scouting operation on our part, but I would put money on someone from Portugal having Dejphon's ear - Jorge Mendes perhaps?

Now lets wait for William Carvalho and CR7 to show up, eh

There is a Portuguese and 2 Thais advising chansiri from what I'm told

i don't think chansiri is clueless in the slightest but you'd have to be a true football obsessive to have heard of some of our signings of late. particularly Melo and Sasso, so it would make sense that someone is advising.

Not sure on this Dutch connection - who else is there except for Lachman?

And as for the Semedo thing, he was already playing in England so you can kind of discount that one

Loovens, Drenthe?