Carvalhal first official video interview.

He seems like an intellegent guy which I like, a thinking manager rather than just someone who gets by on "passion". Clearly won't be overawed having managed big clubs abroad, and he seems like a likeable manager which the players should get on with and respect.

And he sounds just like his mate Mourinho too! Not a bad sign  :manager:

The main thing I'm taking from that interview is his overwhelming positivity. The way his eyes lit up when asked if he was looking forward to the first game of the season showed his genuine excitement at being here.

I imagine he'll be a hard man to dislike and hopefully his attitude rubs off on the players, too.

He does come across very well. His English is better than I thought it would be and he at least talks a decent game in terms of being wary of how tough the league is.

I just hope it's not a case of the changes being too much at the expense of results.

He hints that we will be going for players who aren't getting a game at bigger clubs perhaps, which fits in with the rumours.

I think he will be a very likeable manager, but the proof will be in the results as always

All the best Carlos

"Sometimes players will not be playing at their clubs but we know they are good players" strange thing to emphasise when asked about players needed. I don't think we've got the budget some think we have, sounds like we're shopping in a specific market. I think we're going to have a high turnover of 'who?' players.

I just hope it's not a case of the changes being too much at the expense of results.

He hints that we will be going for players who aren't getting a game at bigger clubs perhaps, which fits in with the rumours.

If you think that he'll have seen our defensive record, and where we finished in the league.....he might be thinking that he only needs to change things past the halfway line.  Half the job is done here.

"Sometimes players will not be playing at their clubs but we know they are good players" strange thing to emphasise when asked about players needed. I don't think we've got the budget some think we have, sounds like we're shopping in a specific market. I think we're going to have a high turnover of 'who?' players.

I think it sounded more like players that are in the starting 11 of teams, especially in this country, are well over priced. And whilst we want quality players we have to be shrewd. Tom Lees is the example of the type of business you can do 'on the cheap'.

We're not going to be on the cheap. And whilst it would feel good to see us spunk millions on a striker, Watford have shown that you don't really have to do that. Money helps. But proper scouting works just as well.

Likeable guy,seems to enjoy being on the training ground with the players. Supposedly a thinker and a tactician and likes to play attacking football.

As long as we give it a go and have some entertainment, I can live with not going up this season.

I wasn't so sure a few weeks back.

But I'm sold....he sounds like a good bloke with some good ideas, this is the first season in many I'm looking forward to...new ideas, new style new change.

We could have gone down the English merry go round of average managers, I'm now glad we've taken a chance, something different for a change.

Uto cc barmy army