liam palmer

I'm not sure why Vermijl represents the 'easy option' for a foreign coach?

He's not set the world on fire yet, but let's give him a chance before we write him off - in an attacking team, I reckon he could be a very handy player.

As for Palmer, he's a very good option to have as well, and I'm sure Carvalhal will judge them both on their merits, rather than their nationalities as suggested by the OP.

I'm not sure why Vermijl represents the 'easy option' for a foreign coach?

He's not set the world on fire yet, but let's give him a chance before we write him off - in an attacking team, I reckon he could be a very handy player.

As for Palmer, he's a very good option to have as well, and I'm sure Carvalhal will judge them both on their merits, rather than their nationalities as suggested by the OP.

This, a million times this.

Just because a coach is foreign doesn't mean he's got a preference for starting other foreign players.

"Well lets see here, I'm a Portugeuse national, managing in England, and I have a choice between an English right back and a foreign one. I know, I'll start the Belgian!"- what kind of twisted logic is that? He'll start the better player, regardless of nationality. 

" I want Wednesday to be promoted to the premier league "

" I also want players like Liam Palmer in the team ever week "

Make your mind up because you can't have both, he's not a bad player and he'd be a bargain for anybody in league 1 but I have to assume that threads like this would never appear if he hadn't come through our academy.

This surely can't be a serious post? Constantly caught out of position. Doesn't close down wingers. Allows crosses constantly into the box. Backs off when a player is running at him and actually allows an attacker into the area before even considering making a challenge. Palmer got away with it so much last season and that was pretty much mainly down to Westwood making his erros not stand out. Attacking he offers pretty much nothing too. I know I'm being harsh but he just isn't good enough for where we are now, and definitely isn't good enough for where we want to go. I think some fans have blue and white specs in when it comes to him because he came through our youth system. Vermijl didn't look up to much but he has probably only played 10 games. Not enough to form an opinion.

This is regarding him playing at fullback. I've not seen him in midfield enough to have an opinion on how he would be there.

Agree with this.

In midfield, Palmer used to look comfortable on the ball and could deliver some good passes. However, Im not sure hes the type of player capable of moving us forward. Too susceptible in defence and probably not talented enough to play in midfield. He still a Wednesday player, so I hope that he proves me wrong.

Good luck Liam

Edited by Miffed

" I want Wednesday to be promoted to the premier league "

" I also want players like Liam Palmer in the team ever week "

Make your mind up because you can't have both, he's not a bad player and he'd be a bargain for anybody in league 1 but I have to assume that threads like this would never appear if he hadn't come through our academy.

Why can't you have both? - total black and white thinking.

Liam started in midfield if you remember. It's taken him many games to get used to playing right back - not surprising.

So suddenly we need to look for better than a player that was helping us out in his unnatural position?

Nah!

Liam Palmer is not good enough. A league too high.

I personally hope he's moved on this summer

He was part of a very good defence in the Championship last season but now he's playing in a league to high????

How does that work then?

if i was another championship manager i'd be monitoring the liam palmer situation very closely.got this feeling some teams going to pick up a very solid defender

for buttons.

Just out of interest, what is your occupation?