liam palmer

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side.                                      just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS.  a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side. just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS. a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

Palmer is quite gifted technically IMO and I think that will shine through- he'll get a fair crack of the whip.

This surely can't be a serious post? Constantly caught out of position. Doesn't close down wingers. Allows crosses constantly into the box. Backs off when a player is running at him and actually allows an attacker into the area before even considering making a challenge. Palmer got away with it so much last season and that was pretty much mainly down to Westwood making his erros not stand out. Attacking he offers pretty much nothing too. I know I'm being harsh but he just isn't good enough for where we are now, and definitely isn't good enough for where we want to go. I think some fans have blue and white specs in when it comes to him because he came through our youth system. Vermijl didn't look up to much but he has probably only played 10 games. Not enough to form an opinion.

This is regarding him playing at fullback. I've not seen him in midfield enough to have an opinion on how he would be there.

Edited by jonesy87shef

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side.  

You must have been watching a different Liam Palmer to me last season...

This surely can't be a serious post? Constantly caught out of position. Doesn't close down wingers. Allows crosses constantly into the box. Backs off when a player is running at him and actually allows an attacker into the area before even considering making a challenge. Palmer got away with it so much last season and that was pretty much mainly down to Westwood making his erros not stand out. Attacking he offers pretty much nothing too. I know I'm being harsh but he just isn't good enough for where we are now, and definitely isn't good enough for where we want to go. I think some fans have blue and white specs in when it comes to him because he came through our youth system. Vermijl didn't look up to much but he has probably only played 10 games. Not enough to form an opinion.

This is regarding him playing at fullback. I've not seen him in midfield enough to have an opinion on how he would be there.

Hi Marnick lol

He's a good lad, fairly local and an Owl, but to describe him as the best defensive right back in the Championship last season, is a million miles wide of the mark. He gets forward very well, doesn't have much of an end product when he does get forward (although he does sometimes produce a decent final ball), but is absolutely woeful at getting back to defend after one of his forward runs. The opposition have usually broken out of defence, and are attacking our penalty area as Palmer struggles to get back to the half way line. Massively overrated by some Wednesday fans.

Guest PAUL.

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side. just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS. a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

Guest PAUL.

Never in a month of Sunday's.........😧

There is a reason Palmer has played in 80% of our games in the last two season. He's a very important player to the team and should be given a chance to continue his development at the club.

I thought it was because Buxton was injured?!

just hope this new regime recognize what a vital player he is for wednesday, not just because in my opinion he was the best defensive RB in the championship last year but players like him are essential for the spirit of the side.                                      just think a foreign coach like CC will take the easy option and start with marnick vermijl,who simply doesn't look defensively good enough and physically doesn't look strong enough for the championship. to me he's already started to resemble a RB version of MARK REYNOLDS.  a fullback who just didn't look strong enough at best but at worst will cost you a goal a game.

NO MATTER WHERE WE ARE NOW..we had c vnts like Kaven Walker at our club and the fact that he's commenting on our club now stinks...what about the trophy room you cv nt

There is a reason Palmer has played in 80% of our games in the last two season. He's a very important player to the team and should be given a chance to continue his development at the club.

I thought it was more down to Buxton being constantly injured and not having money to get a better right back in. Soon as we had money we signed Vermijl