Carlos Carvalhal, Mr Chansiri & the new regime : Some Perspective

You forgot "get t'lane"....idiot.

As for "new dawn" we will see but this appointment and the players added so far come right out of the mold of the last 20 years... Which is to say indifferent at best and more often than not inadequate.[/quote

Clearly recognised yourself there you insignificant little priick.

See you next season ..........

Oh, hold on

Guest Fedor
You forgot "get t'lane"....idiot.

As for "new dawn" we will see but this appointment and the players added so far come right out of the mold of the last 20 years... Which is to say indifferent at best and more often than not inadequate.[/quote

Clearly recognised yourself there you insignificant little priick.

See you next season ..........

Oh, hold on

Grow up

This is what I was on about earlier - why do people who are a bit sceptical about what's happening get run down.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Nothing they post on here will influence the success of the club.

It will either work or it won't. Some have their view that it's a bit of an odd approach. A gamble almost. If it comes off good stuff.

The belief that people have some sinister desire to see it fail is not representative of everyone who isn't sure.

To be fair posters who constantly post positive stuff get run down too.

I can see the negative point of view on this and I am unsure yet how I feel about CC.

However daveyboy is quite right. Every single year the same few posters post the same negative stuff. When they finish with one thing they move on to something else. Constantly looking for things to moan about.

It's their perogative and they have every right to do so but you have to wonder why they are always so unhappy about everything.

That said it makes this site more interesting when people have differing views on things.

I know I will get criticised for this but it is starting to feel less and less like SHEFFIELD Wednesday.

Thai Owners, Portuguese Coach and all Portuguese coaching staff, looks likely nearly all new players coming into us will be from abroad.

I know its unrealistic to have the majority being local players but nearly all people being brought into the club would not have been able to find Sheffield on a map a few months ago.

Yes I know this is the way football has gone over recent times and not just at Wednesday but feels less and less like my club.

Along with hike in ticket prices I am not sure I will be going to as many games as I thought I would.

We'll the club being run by local business men with an English manager has served us well this last two decades hasn't it

Fair opinions.

In truth the posts like mine are opinions not facts.

SG took the DJ squad and saved us from relegation, some good signings got us a decent mid table result.

What SG would have achieved with some signings is SPECULATION so OPINION.

5 wins at home was a tragic season and as a distant fan (Cardiff) my trip home to watch the Cardiff City game just made me depressed.

That's not what we wanted for 2015/16 and if repeated SG would probably have outlived his stay.

SG will as a gentleman probably keep quiet and we'll never know the events that meant he left or was pushed.

SG will be applauded if we see him away or home as opposition coach.

But we have moved on and for me, we back the chairman and the new head coach.

Let us see if Carlos can actually get the likes of Jeremy Helan, Sergio Bus, Stevie May, Caolan Lavery, Liam Palmer to give us the attacking threat that wins games, while Westwood, Loovens and Lees do the job of defending.

My hopes are that instead of Stevie May being shackled by covering and chasing back, he'll be supplied and supported and bang goals in for fun, and as supporters we'll go to h'boro and enjoy more than 5 games and results.

No more 1 - 0 up at home and panicking about when the equaliser will come, bring on 3 - 1 up and killing teams with a 4th with a stunner in front of the Kop, with fans staying to the end to see the 5th party goal.

We dream and then we wake up, that's football.

All of this dream is based on our new owner, not putting the club back into stupid debt but building on HIS investment.

Winning in style takes bravery to believe you'll score going forward, it doesn't happen if your more concerned with losing the ball and giving a goal away.  

So I'm looking to have Carlos achieving something great, not worrying about what'll go wrong !!!!!!

Hopefully Lee Bullen will dance at Wembley to celebrate play off promotion, LB's loyalty like the fans will be rewarded.

Guest Fedor

To be fair posters who constantly post positive stuff get run down too.

I can see the negative point of view on this and I am unsure yet how I feel about CC.

However daveyboy is quite right. Every single year the same few posters post the same negative stuff. When they finish with one thing they move on to something else. Constantly looking for things to moan about.

It's their perogative and they have every right to do so but you have to wonder why they are always so unhappy about everything.

That said it makes this site more interesting when people have differing views on things.

You do realise Daveyboy only zooms in on the negative stuff and gets angrymad.

Says more about Daveyboy to be honest.

Guest Fedor

So Wednesday have been crap for the last 15 years because they had the indifferent coaches in the wrong management system and too many cheap/poor English players. But from now on everything is going to be great because the management system has changed and the cheap players will be foreign...and it doesn't matter whether the coaches are any good or whether the players have appeared in more than a handful of games for the last few seasons. 

It sound so easy it just amazing that nobody else has stumbled across this magic formula instead of wasting their time and money on employing coaches with credentials and players with achievements.

How dare you come on Owlstalk talking such common sense?

I like the committee idea where departmental managers looking after the first team, development squad, academy, scouting network, player contracts, etc. all following a single footballing philosophy of how to play, thus ensure continuation irrespective of individuals. CC seems to be an ideal person to set the philosophy.

However, with CC as Head Coach as well as the person setting the philosophy, should results not go well and we sack him, we not only have to find a new manager, but someone to set the footballing direction of the club. It is likely that his replacement would want to remodel the club and change the players once again.

Isn't a Head Coach that defines how other departments work, just an old fashioned "Manager"?

As much as I was underwhelmed with the prospect of Marc Cooper joining us, I do think we need a separate First Team Coach, so that CC can take the DoF type role and continue to drive us forward over many years.

Guest Fedor

I like the committee idea where departmental managers looking after the first team, development squad, academy, scouting network, player contracts, etc. all following a single footballing philosophy of how to play, thus ensure continuation irrespective of individuals. CC seems to be an ideal person to set the philosophy.

However, with CC as Head Coach as well as the person setting the philosophy, should results not go well and we sack him, we not only have to find a new manager, but someone to set the footballing direction of the club. It is likely that his replacement would want to remodel the club and change the players once again.

Isn't a Head Coach that defines how other departments work, just an old fashioned "Manager"?

As much as I was underwhelmed with the prospect of Marc Cooper joining us, I do think we need a separate First Team Coach, so that CC can take the DoF type role and continue to drive us forward over many years.

I disagree. If we are to do it CCs way then who better to take training , pick the team etc.

Might as wel keep CC as Manager.

Guest Distraught!

Carvalhal doesn't do years.

He is awarded a testimonial match if he passes nine months.

:manager:

The same Brentford who parted company with their manager because he didn't believe in the European set up that the chairman is about to implement?

yes...the very same. If i'm wrong and Brentford do well then fine i'll stand corrected. Just not convinced the championship is quite up to speed just yet.

Best thing DC could do is sack them all and start again. Who ever has advised him sack them first. Project 'wee wee tail up' abandoned due to sudden moment of clarity. Go on slag me but how many are thinking it..... lol 

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 14:19, Mick De Lyons said:

In recent weeks Mr Chansiri and the new regime have come in for some negative criticism, which was essentially caused by the lack of information coming out of Hillsborough with regards to the appointment of a new manager / head coach. This has now been resolved with the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal, yet i detect that there is still some cynicism hanging in the air and doubts about the new head coach, Mr Chansiri and the new regime as a whole. This is understandable as it's a break from tradition, but i do think that some of the observations or comments have been over exaggerated, to the point where people seem to view the club as almost going backwards in recent weeks and days. I think it's time for rational thought and some proper perspective.

First off, Mr Chansiri bought the club for 37 million pounds. He paid off all the outstanding loans against the Hillsborough stadium and has effectively made us debt free. He has installed a new state of the art high tech desso pitch to the tune of around 1.5 million. He is also installing a new scoreboard which will have also cost a fair amount of money. Mr Chansiri has not invested near on 40 million pounds to stagnate and go backwards. Sure, there will be mistakes and that is bound to happen, but Mr Chansiri is trying to move the club forward with a new regime that is copied from the continent and is slowly being implemented by other British teams. The day's of the traditional coaching / management systems are drawing to an end.

Last season Gray did a decent job. We had a good defence and finished in a comfortable mid table position. However, the style of play was abysmal, only managing five wins all season at Hillsborough. Gray was never going to be the man to take us forward, even with a a bigger budget. His football philosophy was caution first and to do well the opposite approach is required. I think that Gray walked over not having total say over which players came to the club, but i also think that Mr Chansiri did listen to the fans and would have been aware that they were not happy with the approach and overall style of play last season. I think its important to not only be successful, but to also give entertainment at the same time. This will hopefully be rectified next season.

Fans are dubious about Carvalhal, primarily because he has had a lot of clubs and some not ending well at all. However, there is a different culture in Europe regarding coaches. The turn over is even higher than it is in this country. Sometimes a manager / coach doesn't suit a particular club or group of players. Carvalhal seems to have occupied quite a few "caretaker" positions and it's not uncommon for a club to seek a new coach after only one season in Europe. He does seem to have earned a decent reputation as a coach and i don't think that clubs like Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas would even entertain a coach if they thought he was totally unfit for the job. Put it this way, do you think that Gray will be sought out by the likes of Sporting and Besiktas this summer ? I highly doubt they will be.

Fans also seem to be concerned about the standard of player that we are bringing in, even though we have only signed two players, Lachman and Sasso. Comments have been made that they have only come from "average" European clubs and haven't played many games. These players have not been signed from "average" European teams. Braga is a top side in Portugal and Twente are a top side Holland, hence quality players and a struggle to get regular playing time. As someone said " Braga would beat Liverpool over a two leg tie in a European competition". Don't expect Chansiri to pay out millions, because that is unnecessary, but he will get in better quality players. I do have to remind people that Buxton, Zayette, Kelhar, Coke, Maghoma, Madine etc, weren't that great in all honesty.

lastly, the new "committee" has raised a few eyebrows and this again is a new approach that fans need to get used to. Responsibility will now be delegated to different people, responsible for different roles. Primarily, the signings will be the responsibility of the committee, though i am sure that there will be intense discussions involving all parties, particularly Carvalhal. Mistakes will be made and as the club progresses and different needs arise, then the shape, outlook and structure of the committee will change. The new regime is now in place. The committee is there, the new head coach is there, signings are being made and we have to, as i am sure you will agree, put any doubts to one side and support the club 110%. So, let's try and curb the sniping cynicism and look forward to an exciting season.

giphy.gif

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 14:19, Mick De Lyons said:

In recent weeks Mr Chansiri and the new regime have come in for some negative criticism, which was essentially caused by the lack of information coming out of Hillsborough with regards to the appointment of a new manager / head coach. This has now been resolved with the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal, yet i detect that there is still some cynicism hanging in the air and doubts about the new head coach, Mr Chansiri and the new regime as a whole. This is understandable as it's a break from tradition, but i do think that some of the observations or comments have been over exaggerated, to the point where people seem to view the club as almost going backwards in recent weeks and days. I think it's time for rational thought and some proper perspective.

First off, Mr Chansiri bought the club for 37 million pounds. He paid off all the outstanding loans against the Hillsborough stadium and has effectively made us debt free. He has installed a new state of the art high tech desso pitch to the tune of around 1.5 million. He is also installing a new scoreboard which will have also cost a fair amount of money. Mr Chansiri has not invested near on 40 million pounds to stagnate and go backwards. Sure, there will be mistakes and that is bound to happen, but Mr Chansiri is trying to move the club forward with a new regime that is copied from the continent and is slowly being implemented by other British teams. The day's of the traditional coaching / management systems are drawing to an end.

Last season Gray did a decent job. We had a good defence and finished in a comfortable mid table position. However, the style of play was abysmal, only managing five wins all season at Hillsborough. Gray was never going to be the man to take us forward, even with a a bigger budget. His football philosophy was caution first and to do well the opposite approach is required. I think that Gray walked over not having total say over which players came to the club, but i also think that Mr Chansiri did listen to the fans and would have been aware that they were not happy with the approach and overall style of play last season. I think its important to not only be successful, but to also give entertainment at the same time. This will hopefully be rectified next season.

Fans are dubious about Carvalhal, primarily because he has had a lot of clubs and some not ending well at all. However, there is a different culture in Europe regarding coaches. The turn over is even higher than it is in this country. Sometimes a manager / coach doesn't suit a particular club or group of players. Carvalhal seems to have occupied quite a few "caretaker" positions and it's not uncommon for a club to seek a new coach after only one season in Europe. He does seem to have earned a decent reputation as a coach and i don't think that clubs like Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas would even entertain a coach if they thought he was totally unfit for the job. Put it this way, do you think that Gray will be sought out by the likes of Sporting and Besiktas this summer ? I highly doubt they will be.

Fans also seem to be concerned about the standard of player that we are bringing in, even though we have only signed two players, Lachman and Sasso. Comments have been made that they have only come from "average" European clubs and haven't played many games. These players have not been signed from "average" European teams. Braga is a top side in Portugal and Twente are a top side Holland, hence quality players and a struggle to get regular playing time. As someone said " Braga would beat Liverpool over a two leg tie in a European competition". Don't expect Chansiri to pay out millions, because that is unnecessary, but he will get in better quality players. I do have to remind people that Buxton, Zayette, Kelhar, Coke, Maghoma, Madine etc, weren't that great in all honesty.

lastly, the new "committee" has raised a few eyebrows and this again is a new approach that fans need to get used to. Responsibility will now be delegated to different people, responsible for different roles. Primarily, the signings will be the responsibility of the committee, though i am sure that there will be intense discussions involving all parties, particularly Carvalhal. Mistakes will be made and as the club progresses and different needs arise, then the shape, outlook and structure of the committee will change. The new regime is now in place. The committee is there, the new head coach is there, signings are being made and we have to, as i am sure you will agree, put any doubts to one side and support the club 110%. So, let's try and curb the sniping cynicism and look forward to an exciting season.

Oops

lol