Carlos Carvalhal, Mr Chansiri & the new regime : Some Perspective

Guest totemowl

chelsea seem to be scraping along under the old model

man utd seemed to get a few results with that ferguson chap under the old model

Arsenal seem to be able to eek out an existance with that wenger chap......

This is english football and the old style of coaching is still very much with us. I have no doubt that more european styles may come into the english game but so far it doesn't seem to have won anything just yet. Lets see how Brentford get on this season for example?

Chelsea don't use the old model. Abramovich has made sure of that.

And Mourinho is the manager only because he insisted that was his title. He wouldn't accept being called the head coach.

An unknown as Head coach ,A league manager who i am glad to say has turned us down ,One defender signed on permanent ,One signed on loan , Am not happy oh yes i know the happy clappers might not like it ,But £35 for a match day ticket i expect more.

If this was September 1, I would say you had a fair point but as it's only July 1 with two full months of the transfer window available I think you are being a bit previous.

Sorry, too long and I got fed up of reading it.

Couldn't you have just said "we now have our coach in place so let's just get behind him and give him our support" ?

Things now look to be starting to come together, can't we just go with that for now ?

It is a great post, and a rare outburst of common sense on this forum. Enjoy your sea of red :)

I know I will get criticised for this but it is starting to feel less and less like SHEFFIELD Wednesday.

Thai Owners, Portuguese Coach and all Portuguese coaching staff, looks likely nearly all new players coming into us will be from abroad.

I know its unrealistic to have the majority being local players but nearly all people being brought into the club would not have been able to find Sheffield on a map a few months ago.

Yes I know this is the way football has gone over recent times and not just at Wednesday but feels less and less like my club.

Along with hike in ticket prices I am not sure I will be going to as many games as I thought I would.

It wouldn't bother me if the playing squad came from outer space and Spock was the manager,

so long as we are successful and play at Hillsborough that's all that matters, surely.

If you feel disinclined to attend then we'll try not to miss you.

Anyone hear the couple of fans on Calendar this evening who were asked about the appointment of Carlos?

First one mumbled how much Stuart Gray did and he shouldn't have been sacked and second one said "He'd checked this new guy out and he's not done anything. 

Both very negative comments what I think Calendar loved hearing. 

They loved giving news of Leeds signing Messi sorry Chris Wood. 

I know I will get criticised for this but it is starting to feel less and less like SHEFFIELD Wednesday.

Thai Owners, Portuguese Coach and all Portuguese coaching staff, looks likely nearly all new players coming into us will be from abroad.

I know its unrealistic to have the majority being local players but nearly all people being brought into the club would not have been able to find Sheffield on a map a few months ago.

Yes I know this is the way football has gone over recent times and not just at Wednesday but feels less and less like my club.

Along with hike in ticket prices I am not sure I will be going to as many games as I thought I would.

I will criticise you because its the club!....that is the only thing that is permanent here! Players coaches and owners come and go!..........The club and the fans are the only thing that lives on through!!...don't lose faith Matt!

Guest ka58

So Wednesday have been crap for the last 15 years because they had the indifferent coaches in the wrong management system and too many cheap/poor English players. But from now on everything is going to be great because the management system has changed and the cheap players will be foreign...and it doesn't matter whether the coaches are any good or whether the players have appeared in more than a handful of games for the last few seasons.

It sound so easy it just amazing that nobody else has stumbled across this magic formula instead of wasting their time and money on employing coaches with credentials and players with achievements.

I agree. I'm just willing to see how it goes cos too long in the tooth to get all stressed out about it.

What I find interesting is how much more angry those who are optimistic get with people with a different view. It's weird.

It's like they have to have it validated by everyone else for some reason.

The new system may work but the arguments put forward are inconsistent.

Personally if the plan to get promoted in 2 years is genuine - I would have thought a more realistic option would have been to source a manager who had got clubs out of this division and has a good knowledge of the league.secondly I thought it would be I get players who have played at a higher level, or who have been successful in this division also.

We've certainly not done the former, and whilst there's time to sort the latter, the first couple of signings aren't typical of this approach.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a bit sceptical - nor enthusiastic if you are of that persuasion.

Edited by ka58

this bloke as no form to manage a club like ours , but i realise chansiri is probably no fool when it comes to making a bob or two and the only way he can make money is to take us to  the prem ......i hope he´s picked a good un .

Sorry, too long and I got fed up of reading it.

Couldn't you have just said "we now have our coach in place so let's just get behind him and give him our support" ?

Things now look to be starting to come together, can't we just go with that for now ?

Same here, don't want or need a lecture.

The end result is we've got a manager with a very dubious record and our signing are hardly a show of intent.

Stick your preaching lecture where the sun don't shine.

Excellent OP.   The "old model" has not brought us within sniffing distance of success for 20 years so I'm more than prepared to see new ideas.  As we all know, football is a results business, but you can't fault what Mr. C has done so far. Dead wood cleared, new coaching staff arrived, new pitch, scoreboard, players starting to arrive etc.   My only slight concern is the increase in prices generally and in particular, the boxes, but the argument is, I suppose, if we want top class football we'll get top class prices.  

Guest _Ibbo_

this bloke as no form to manage a club like ours , but i realise chansiri is probably no fool when it comes to making a bob or two and the only way he can make money is to take us to  the prem ......i hope he´s picked a good un .

Hes managed / coached arguably bigger ones.

Google for sporting lisbon and beskitas stadiums.

Excellent OP.   The "old model" has not brought us within sniffing distance of success for 20 years so I'm more than prepared to see new ideas.  As we all know, football is a results business, but you can't fault what Mr. C has done so far. Dead wood cleared, new coaching staff arrived, new pitch, scoreboard, players starting to arrive etc.   My only slight concern is the increase in prices generally and in particular, the boxes, but the argument is, I suppose, if we want top class football we'll get top class prices.

Cc 'model' ended up in him leaving European management and taking the dollars working for an academy in the middle east.

If his model or management was successful he wouldn't have followed this path.

A failed manager is obviously the Wednesday messiah.

Guest ka58

Excellent OP. The "old model" has not brought us within sniffing distance of success for 20 years so I'm more than prepared to see new ideas. As we all know, football is a results business, but you can't fault what Mr. C has done so far. Dead wood cleared, new coaching staff arrived, new pitch, scoreboard, players starting to arrive etc. My only slight concern is the increase in prices generally and in particular, the boxes, but the argument is, I suppose, if we want top class football we'll get top class prices.

This "old model" - what is it? And how can planning for promotion in 2 years be compared with the fact that there were no plans or potential to achieve promotion in the last 15 years due to our finances?

Hes managed / coached arguably bigger ones.

Google for sporting lisbon and beskitas stadiums.

half a season at sporting and as for besiktas nice stadium but averaged 13 k last season ......i hope he does well i really do but he as no track record if wiki is to be believed .sacked at some very minor clubs doesnt bode well .