New Splinter Group

The Confused.

Anyone else with me?

Went to bed early last night (about 9:00pm), woke up, got ready, went to work.

Just logged onto t'interweb for lunch, and the landscape has changed completely.

So Carlos is our new Head Coach now? But won't be officially announced until next week, although he's been announced already? And we didn't really want Cooper as Head Coach?

We're looking at Mike Marsh. Marsh is a coach but our new Head Coach has brought three coaches with him already?

And all these appointments being made ahead of appointing a bloke who is in charge of our strategic direction?

Still, working on this basis, owt could happen and it adds to the intrigue and excitement.

UTO and vive la Confused!

don't them continental coaches tend to have big teams of coaches working with them. Didn't Potachino or somebody take a team of around 7 or 8 with him when he went to Spurs?

It's easy peasy.

CC is the head coach and we will be playing to his ideas and football philosophy.

He has brought his own training staff who are already aware of his ideas etc.

The club for some reason also think having an English coach would be useful and I presume hope to have him (or her who knows?) on board next week when a press conference is due to reveal everyone.

But I might be wrong.

The press conference is delayed to next week because Chansiri needs to show his face and he can't get here due to other business commitments....probably.

I get the impression some people think Chansiri is sat in an office at S6 directing things. I doubt it, he's got a business empire to control, we are just a play thing.

It shows, looking at some of the decisions that have been made. Who on earth decided releasing the new manager info at 10.30pm was a good idea. They should be collecting their cards this morning. 

The press conference is delayed to next week because Chansiri needs to show his face and he can't get here due to other business commitments....probably.

I get the impression some people think Chansiri is sat in an office at S6 directing things. I doubt it, he's got a business empire to control, we are just a play thing.

It shows, looking at some of the decisions that have been made. Who on earth decided releasing the new manager info at 10.30pm was a good idea. They should be collecting their cards this morning. 

Why should that be a bad idea?

Edited by Triple O

Because these things are usually stage managed for the media. Maximum publicity for the club.

Get the local TV, Radio and press guys in. Photo session,  press conference, item on sky sport. Feed the media a story, get them on side, start building rapport with the fans.

What do we do,Twitter at 10.27 on a Tuesday night and no press conference for a week. Amateur.

Milan wouldn't have done it that way.

Because these things are usually stage managed for the media. Maximum publicity for the club.

Get the local TV, Radio and press guys in. Photo session,  press conference, item on sky sport. Feed the media a story, get them on side, start building rapport with the fans.

What do we do,Twitter at 10.27 on a Tuesday night and no press conference for a week. Amateur.

Milan wouldn't have done it that way.

I'll bet that Leonardo da Vinci told people that he was painting a masterpiece but he didn't reveal it to the world until it was finished.

:biggrin: