It's July 1st let the spending spree begin

Guest Gazzaswfc

A sign of intent would've been to go for someone like Big Sam, Lambert or Big Nige, all proven managers that have got teams promoted from this level.

And if we wanted a up and coming name that people know in Europe then go for a Zola or Laudrup, type or even Clement that went to Derby.

There were plenty of people available that would've been more of a sign of intent than CC or Cooper to be honest. Can't see it but let's hope it works, and I hope he surprises me.

Nobody had heard of Howard Wilkinson, but he did the business.

This is getting hilarious as it is another thread hijacked by the depressed and delusional. (sorry but take a minute to think)

DC has spent more already than we have spent over the last decade. The statement many were hyperventilating about came last night and, amongst other things, he stated he was learning fast and said that he and his family were 100% committed.(paraphrasing).

He is reported as saying that he would spend what is necessary to get to the PL. So that is not more than necessary as that is potential wasted money and potential impact on FFP.

I presume most Owls were born in Yorkshire as I was. We are known to be careful with our money but, it seams, we are clamouring for DC to be reckless rather than prudent. People at the club have said that there are loads of things happening behind the scenes to make up for the past lack of investment.

If all the players brought in are relatively "unknowns" but capable of progressing the club why shouldn't we be happy with that? Especially if the football is good.

Imagine if we made 2 major signings for say 10 to 12 million and one or both got a long term injury or suffered with form, where would we go then having blown all that wonga.

We cannot do everything at once or completely throw caution to the wind. Let's just get behind them.

This is getting hilarious as it is another thread hijacked by the depressed and delusional. (sorry but take a minute to think)

DC has spent more already than we have spent over the last decade. The statement many were hyperventilating about came last night and, amongst other things, he stated he was learning fast and said that he and his family were 100% committed.(paraphrasing).

He is reported as saying that he would spend what is necessary to get to the PL. So that is not more than necessary as that is potential wasted money and potential impact on FFP.

I presume most Owls were born in Yorkshire as I was. We are known to be careful with our money but, it seams, we are clamouring for DC to be reckless rather than prudent. People at the club have said that there are loads of things happening behind the scenes to make up for the past lack of investment.

If all the players brought in are relatively "unknowns" but capable of progressing the club why shouldn't we be happy with that? Especially if the football is good.

Imagine if we made 2 major signings for say 10 to 12 million and one or both got a long term injury or suffered with form, where would we go then having blown all that wonga.

We cannot do everything at once or completely throw caution to the wind. Let's just get behind them.

I'm yet to see anyone who has said they want him to go out and spend millions and millions and take risks which could damage us.

People just want him to spend something on someone who makes the fans think "wow, this guy means business, he really does want the premier league by 2017"

It's really early days tho. He's got time to make it all happen. Hopefully he will surprise us.

A sign of intent would've been to go for someone like Big Sam, Lambert or Big Nige, all proven managers that have got teams promoted from this level.

And if we wanted a up and coming name that people know in Europe then go for a Zola or Laudrup, type or even Clement that went to Derby.

There were plenty of people available that would've been more of a sign of intent than CC or Cooper to be honest. Can't see it but let's hope it works, and I hope he surprises me.

The same Lambert who managed a Villa side that didn't score for 10 consecutive matches?

PROPER SIGN OF INTENT!

I'm yet to see anyone who has said they want him to go out and spend millions and millions and take risks which could damage us.

People just want him to spend something on someone who makes the fans think "wow, this guy means business, he really does want the premier league by 2017"

It's really early days tho. He's got time to make it all happen. Hopefully he will surprise us.

OK So we agree (except the wow signing business, think that he shouldn't just do it for the reason you mentioned)

I never claim to be ITK, but the one thing I have heard and repeatedly keep hearing is that Chansiri is EXTREMELY reluctant to spend on signings. I've been saying this for a number of weeks and will continue to do so

So you kept hearing it before the transfer windows really opens. And kept saying it. And eventually said it so often you believe it.

Reyt.

lol

So you kept hearing it before the transfer windows really opens. And kept saying it. And eventually said it so often you believe it.

Reyt.

lol

Yes, because strangely enough people at football clubs don't just decide on players near transfer windows, they want general ideas early on on what sort of player they should be looking at- so when they report that player X might be a good buy and Chansiri says "too much", they get an idea of what he's willing to spend before a transfer window. Surprised I have to spell it out.

I've posted over 700 times on this forum since joining in January and not once have I claimed to know anything- it's rather unlikely that I'll start now when in two months I could so easily be disproved with one or two big money signings. I'm just telling you what I know from a very good source, nothing more than that  :rolleyes:

not once have I claimed to know anything- it's rather unlikely that I'll start now ....... I'm just telling you what I know from a very good source, nothing more than that  :rolleyes:

Erm, isn't knowing something from a source the same as being ITK.

Sorry, worded terribly (damn heat). I meant it to come across more as a "I'm unlikely to start making stuff up now at this ambiguous time when it can so easily be disproved" than a "I'm not claiming to be ITK". I'm passing on what I've been told, it's unlikely I'm BSing considering my past actions on here. But by all means, choose to not believe me, I'm hoping I'm wrong. And to quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that"  :biggrin:

The same Lambert who managed a Villa side that didn't score for 10 consecutive matches?

PROPER SIGN OF INTENT!

The same Lambert who got Norwich promoted playing attacking football.

You can only do so much with what's at your disposal. Look at Gray he did

a marvelous job after Dave Jones' mess, got us playing attacking football

when we had the likes of Wickham, Fryatt, Lita and Best, etc on loan.

Once those decent attacking players were gone along with Antonio's sale,

we were left with a defensive heavy squad, lacking any attacking quality.

My hopes are on us bringing in some proven quality in this league and spending 'whatever is necessary' to get them here.

But my gut feeling is we'll bring a load of cheap unproven foreign players in. Hope I'm wrong.

This ^

Let's hope DC backs CC now he's got his man, after the harsh dismissal of Gray.

If he backs CC with some quality players, whether they are from over here or abroad, then there's no excuses.

But if he doesn't and there's little difference to the MM era, and we make do with cheap signings, freebies, crocks and loanee's, then it makes Gray's axing seem all the more harsh and baffling.

Agree with Big Sam

Lambert - lol

Pearson - CC deal was already done

Zola - Done nowt

Laudrup - Didn't he get sack from Swansea after spending money and do nowt since?

Clement - Hadn't we still got Gray at that point?

How the pi55ing hell can you be against CC when we haven't officially had him for a full day?

Not against the fella and I wish him good luck, which I've said numerous times.

Hope it works out but his appointment doesn't justify getting rid of Gray in my opinion.

I hope just like with Gray he surprises some of us.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

I never claim to be ITK, but the one thing I have heard and repeatedly keep hearing is that Chansiri is EXTREMELY reluctant to spend on signings. I've been saying this for a number of weeks and will continue to do so: Don't expect many, if any, big or even sizable transfer fees for players. He's investing in facilities but not the playing staff, I'll be happy to be proven wrong but until then I think we all need to temper expectations.

We will not be spending much on signings.

Sauce?