It's July 1st let the spending spree begin

Guest Gazzaswfc

To be honest, we only hired CC last night to stop folk on here moaning about it being July and that we don't have a manager.

Remember we've signed 2 players already unlike last season. But like last season we're building from the back :ph34r:

Edited by RobbieOwler

My hopes are on us bringing in some proven quality in this league and spending 'whatever is necessary' to get them here.

But my gut feeling is we'll bring a load of cheap unproven foreign players in. Hope I'm wrong.

I personally think the 'whatever neccessary' comment has been blow out of proportion really.

I mean, to use an analogy. If I wanted to travel to Paris, I have a number of options:

1) Hitchhike

2) Car and ferry

3) Train

4) Flight

5) Rocket propelled hover boots

Obviously the boots and the flight are the 'gold plated' options carrying the most cost. But if I can get to Paris a cheaper way i'm spending what is neccessary to achieve my objective.

Zola would have been someone I would have liked to see come in.

Why? Because of the way he left West Ham hovering above the relegation places?

Or the way he left Watford languishing in the bottom half of the table?

Or the way he left Cagliari in the relegation zone?

Or just because you've heard of him?

I personally think the 'whatever neccessary' comment has been blow out of proportion really.

I mean, to use an analogy. If I wanted to travel to Paris, I have a number of options:

1) Hitchhike

2) Car and ferry

3) Train

4) Flight

5) Rocket propelled hover boots

Obviously the boots and the flight are the 'gold plated' options carrying the most cost. But if I can get to Paris a cheaper way i'm spending what is neccessary to achieve my objective.

The combination of 'whatever necessary'  and 'aiming for the premier league by 2017' implied we would flying to Paris rather than hitchhiking.

I never claim to be ITK, but the one thing I have heard and repeatedly keep hearing is that Chansiri is EXTREMELY reluctant to spend on signings. I've been saying this for a number of weeks and will continue to do so: Don't expect many, if any, big or even sizable transfer fees for players. He's investing in facilities but not the playing staff, I'll be happy to be proven wrong but until then I think we all need to temper expectations.

We will not be spending much on signings.

I never claim to be ITK, but the one thing I have heard and repeatedly keep hearing is that Chansiri is EXTREMELY reluctant to spend on signings. I've been saying this for a number of weeks and will continue to do so: Don't expect many, if any, big or even sizable transfer fees for players. He's investing in facilities but not the playing staff, I'll be happy to be proven wrong but until then I think we all need to temper expectations.

So he thinks a better toilet will get us promoted. 

Why? Because of the way he left West Ham hovering above the relegation places?

Or the way he left Watford languishing in the bottom half of the table?

Or the way he left Cagliari in the relegation zone?

Or just because you've heard of him?

Thought he did ok at Watford in our league.

Plus I think he is hot.

Where did you hear this. pre season training has only just started, give the man a chance.  :wacko:

Where did you hear this. pre season training has only just started, give the man a chance.  :wacko:

Originally heard it about a month ago, so of course things may change. At the moment I think the idea is to get the best bargains available and really hunt out deals with a minimum spend being important.

Id find that really strange to come to a football club and spend all your wack on making the place look nice but neglecting the one thing that really matters.

I wouldnt lay new grass in my garden so the dog had a nice place to have a 5h!te 

Id find that really strange to come to a football club and spend all your wack on making the place look nice but neglecting the one thing that really matters.

I wouldnt lay new grass in my garden so the dog had a nice place to have a 5h!te

You might do if PT Barnum told you that if you put new grass down people would start paying a tenner to watch him do it...or whatever the ticket prices are now.

Edited by londonowl

That was my thinking too, like I say I hope it's wrong or he can be persuaded to adopt a slightly different policy  :wacko:

If true that is the most stupid logic I've ever heard. It would be like buying a mansion and getting your furniture from the charity shop.