Positive Carlos needs a war chest

We'd be paying millions for players of a similar pedigree to the two we've signed if they were from this country.

Dream on mate there reserve team players

Ben Marshall, Connor Wickham etc would be reserve players for the equivalent standard teams in this country. E.g, teams that are in the Europa League. 

Agree OP. If he thinks we're going to be anywhere near the top 6 signing reserve players of no mark European teams he is wrong.

CC or the committee whichever it maybe needs to start signing some proper quality and remember quality attracts quality and makes the rest if the league stand up and take notice

European no mark teams lol.

Ben Marshall, Connor Wickham etc would be reserve players for the equivalent standard teams in this country. E.g, teams that are in the Europa League.

Folk don't seem to understand do they? A team like Braga would walk a Liverpool or spurs over 2 legs in Europe no prob.

These two lads are not regular first team players at average European teams. That's not my opinion it's a simple fact.

Squad players to develop fair enough, I feel we have enough squad players in those we retained. Yes fair enough go and spend 3 million on Marshall if that's what it takes.

Nothing to indicate Lachman and Sasso will be first choice yet and personally I would love players like Marshall but couldn't possibly be happy with paying so much for him. We'd be over FFP before we knew it. Plus, there's no guarantee that heavy spending works. Just ask Forest. 

These two lads are not regular first team players at average European teams. That's not my opinion it's a simple fact.

Squad players to develop fair enough, I feel we have enough squad players in those we retained. Yes fair enough go and spend 3 million on Marshall if that's what it takes.

Is it deadline day today?

If you want us to blow £3 mil of our budget on one player before we even have a full squad then you need you head seeing to! Once we have filled the squad up a bit, if you have enough left go for it, but not till then!

Well if he throws some money at one decent signing it has to be really be a striker although I'd still worry about creativity

The thing I don't think we've actually understood yet is what a good job Gray did last year getting 60 points. Our defence you can be sure won't perform like that again but our forwards will because they are simply not good enough

Maybe with the more attacking brand of football and our already solid defence we might have a chance then eh!? 

Chris Wood going for £2.5m and massive wages , clayton Donaldson a 31yr old striker who has spent majority of his career at league one level been touted for £1m + , Mings who in all honesty isn't all that good the lad at brentford is better ..£8m ! Cairney a decent player in the championship but apparently worth £4m... Bent will be on ridiculous money at Derby

People want to shop in that market ? Personally im pleased were not been mugged off for millions for players just because there 'names'

Blackburn would want double that to part with marshall

"We must play positive football"

Carlos Carvalhal

For this simple statement alone I'm prepared to back the chap 100%

If he sends his teams out to attack, score goals, entertain and win. Well frankly I don't care who he's managed in the past or what he's done. I'll be happy to see some swashbuckling attacking play down at Hillsborough.

Now it's down to Mr C to give the boy the funds for players to bring the attacking vigour and verve which he wants.

At the risk of sounding a reyt miserable cnut, let's wait and see what he's capable of before wasting any war chest...

I know what S_W_F_C is saying, ideally I'd prefer domestic players in but unless we did a QPR gung-ho ridiculous pre FFP spending spree then it just isn't viable. Look at QPR now, seriously downsizing and shopping abroad themselves. No coincidence. 

I know what S_W_F_C is saying, ideally I'd prefer domestic players in but unless we did a QPR gung-ho ridiculous pre FFP spending spree then it just isn't viable. Look at QPR now, seriously downsizing and shopping abroad themselves. No coincidence. 

He's not being realistic.

The British market is overrated big time....look at how much Liverpool want for Sterling? Look at how much Fulham paid for McCormack and he returned more or less the same amount at Nuhiu.

I think people are forgetting that we're keeping our best 'proven Championship players' - i.e. we've already got a fair few...

Westwood

Kirkland

Lees

Loovens

Palmer

Lee

Semedo

Hutchinson

Add to them the relatively new players in Dielna, Melo, Bus & Vermijl, plus now Lachman and Sasso - plus the likes of Lavery, May, Nuhiu... it clear that we need to fill a few gaps, especially at left back, the wings and more threat up top - but given we've got over a whole month + the start of the season to get these players in, and now have a coach in place & proper scouting network to grab some real bargains, I'm refusing to get in a flap just because we're not signing 'household names'.

We now have a squad of 15 players I think it is. Out of those I'd say 2 (Lees and Westwood) will walk into any championship team. If we're to run with a squad of 20-22 players the remaining 5-7 need to be top drawer be it long term loans or permanent signings with a proven pedigree. I'm talking about promotion if your happy with mid table what we're doing will possibly get us there

You were honestly expecting a promotion push this season? DC already said we're aiming to be there by 2017! This season is about transition and setting ourselves up for a promotion push. I'd happily take a mid table finish this season if it set us up for a decent push, rather than blowing our load on a play off punt this season and ending up in a worse position overall

As for the Portuguese and Dutch leagues they are not a patch on the championship for competitiveness or overall quality (bar a couple of teams). The foreign boys will find this tough going that's why we need some domestic signings

You can't be serious, competitiveness perhaps, but they outdo the championship for quality.