Positive Carlos needs a war chest

"We must play positive football"

Carlos Carvalhal

For this simple statement alone I'm prepared to back the chap 100%

If he sends his teams out to attack, score goals, entertain and win. Well frankly I don't care who he's managed in the past or what he's done. I'll be happy to see some swashbuckling attacking play down at Hillsborough. 

Now it's down to Mr C to give the boy the funds for players to bring the attacking vigour and verve which he wants.

Agree OP. If he thinks we're going to be anywhere near the top 6 signing reserve players of no mark European teams he is wrong.

CC or the committee whichever it maybe needs to start signing some proper quality and remember quality attracts quality and makes the rest if the league stand up and take notice

No mark teams like Twente and Braga? Both doing rather better than we are right now.

We're signing reserve team/bit part players from mediocre European teams. Call it what you want but that's what's happened so far

Who do you think we should sign? do you expect us to sign players like McCormack for 11m? how many did he score again?

We're signing reserve team/bit part players from mediocre European teams. Call it what you want but that's what's happened so far

It has on the 2 signings so far but I wouldn't expect us to attract Twente or Braga's best players, let's be real about that. Literally no idea about any of the players we'll bring in so can't really comment other than hope for the best and see how it looks come August. 

Go and check out who Derby have signed. That type of player not some random French kid who played 12 times last season

Derby's signings have mainly been freebie's too. Bent, Baird, Carson, Pearce etc. All good players but other than Bent and Weiman I'm not bothered. Let's see what attackers we bring in first before we judge. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Go and check out who Derby have signed. That type of player not some random French kid who played 12 times last season

Mate it's not even July yet, and tell me how Fulham did last season, or Forest?

Do you want us to just spend stupid amounts for the sake of spending?

ffs.

*eDIT....It is July 2 minutes old lol.

Edited by TaxiMark

No mark teams like Twente and Braga? Both doing rather better than we are right now.

Don't forget these are the fans that will only be happy with us signing Rhodes, Wickham and Marshall. They can't see we can build a pretty good team with European players. Yes we need some proven Championship quality to act as the leaders and show the new lads the ropes (Wallace for example), but we can't build a team around it with financial fair play and everything. We need at LEAST 5-6 extra players yet, they can't all be marquee signings, especially when we can get quality players for a steal from the continent. Let King Carlos do his thing, we'll have to wait and see what happens :manager:

Well if your happy with our two signings so far then fair enough. I'm not id have expected thee under Milan I thought we were shopping at a higher level now......not so far we're not

We would be paying millions for players of a similar pedigree in this country, so yes fans should be happy, however there are always those who search for negatives in any given situation, that is an entirely different issue.

Well if your happy with our two signings so far then fair enough. I'm not id have expected thee under Milan I thought we were shopping at a higher level now......not so far we're not

Unless you watch Dutch and Portugesae football on a regular basis you have no evidence to back that up.

Have you seen these two play to justify your unhappiness?

I'm just not surprised due to the fact that the movers so far have set the market standard. Cairney £4M, Mings £8M etc. I'm not surprised DC doesn't want to spunk the whole budget on a couple of overpriced players just because they're English. With a foreign coach in place now, we are quite different internally and even more attractive to European based players I'd imagine. Which is a positive. 

We would be paying millions for players of a similar pedigree in this country, so yes fans should be happy, however there are always those who search for negatives in any given situation, that is an entirely different issue.

Marshall and Rhodes would be a least £9 million i reckon.