Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

People go on about a lack of CV....a lack of experience.

That's testicles. Everyone has to start off somewhere. Most managers begin without much to their name.., just an idea of how they want to do things. They only way CC is going to build a CV and gain experience is by a team taking a punt on him.

He's never managed in this country before. English football is completely different to football in Portugal. We have no idea how he will do. He could flourish or flounder. The same as EVERY manager. In reality, EVERY manager is a risk...just the same as every player is a risk. There's no guarantees in football.

Forget about Gray, forget about how long we've had to wait for CC's appointment. Just move forward and back the man in charge & the players signed until they give us reason to do otherwise.

Why do we have to wait 9 days for the press conference?

I'm beginning to think this Carvahal doesn't actually exist. Chansiri is building him, like the car in Knight Rider, and is releasing him as he adds bits on.

Comes across as a bit desperate to get the fans onside in that statement, as though he is aware that this is all a bit left field.

Bloody hell, first we have fans complaining he doesn't communicate with us, but then when he does have something to say others start to call him 'desperate'!

Best fans in the world us, honest...  :biggrin:

Guest ranmoor owl

That dragged on dint it!, wonder if any of the new coaching staff speak english? Got to give them a chance now and a few more signings UTO

10.45pm on a Tuesday, press conference in 9 days. So baffling lol

Obviously announced it at this time as the players are back in training tommorow. It would look daft if photos are released on the Internet of him taking the training before it got announced, even if we all knew he had the job.

Odds on us arriving in the Prem by 2017 have sadly just lengthened. Huge irony that this appointment of a bunch of Portuguese ... Er legends .... Occurs when Nigel Pearson suddenly becomes available. Still - makes it more likely we will be seeing Ginger power before Christmas

gary megson

#unfinishedbusiness

I suspect Pearson becoming available may have something to do with the club deciding to make this announcement.  Otherwise they would probably have left us to stew until a week on Thursday...

Sheffield Wednesday are delighted to announce the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal as head coach at Hillsborough.

The Portuguese is joined by backroom team and compatriots Joao Mario, Joao Cunha and Bruno Lage.

Carvalhal brings a wealth of experience to S6, with Owls chairman Dejphon Chansiri convinced the new head coach and his team will serve as the blueprint for future success.

He told swfc.co.uk: “Firstly, I would like to welcome Carlos to Sheffield Wednesday.

“I firmly believe that this appointment will take our team and our club to the next level and towards where we all want to be, the Premier League.

“It is important for our supporters that they watch their team play attractive, aggressive and entertaining football.

“Carlos buys in completely to this philosophy and I am confident that his experience, knowledge and ability will herald the start of a successful new era for Sheffield Wednesday.”

Mr Chansiri added: “Since I came to Hillsborough in February, I have slowly absorbed how to become 100% part of the Sheffield Wednesday family.

“Myself and my team have worked extremely hard as we all have the same target, the same objectives. We are stronger now and learn more about football every day.

“Carlos, myself and everyone connected with our club have the same ambitions.

“So I say to our fans – thank you so much for supporting us in everything we have tried to do for Sheffield Wednesday in the short time we have been here and also for the exciting times we will share in the future.

“Please give everything for Carlos and the team because your support is everything, as is your trust, and I am now only looking forward to the journey we will be sharing together.

“Everyone has been so incredibly welcoming and friendly to myself and my family, which makes me even more determined to deliver the success our supporters deserve.

“We need the spirit and full backing from them all because we are all on that same journey. I believe in our supporters 100%, I trust in them, and all I ask is to have that same trust and confidence in return.

“As a club, we are getting stronger and stronger each day and the appointment of Carlos will give us a firm foundation ahead of what I am sure will be a memorable season ahead.

“So let’s enjoy this journey, let’s get excited, and let’s look forward to driving our dream together.”

Carlos Carvalhal will be presented to the media at a Hillsborough press conference on Thursday 9 July.

João Mário represented Portugal at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2015, netting the only goal of their opening group win over England.[5]

João Cunha is a professional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner :wacko:

Bruno Lage

Coach Al Ahli F.C. DubaiAugust 2012– Present (2 years 11 months)

Season 13 / 14 - Reserve Team

Season 12 / 13 – Under-19

(Open)1 recommendation
  • ghost_person_40x40_v1.png Manuel Gomes Controller (Account and Taxes) at Siemens, SA

Bruno is a big trainer with a vast technical knowledge. I consider a big driver of teams Worked with him in the Sport Lisbon and Benfica and know well his workView

06b2f2a.png Coach Sport Lisboa e BenficaJuly 2004– July 2012(8 years 1 month)

Season 11 / 12 – Under-17

Season 10 / 11 – Under-17

Season 09 / 10 – Under-17

Season 08 / 09 – Under-15

Season 07 / 08 – Under-15

Season 06 / 07 – Under-19

Season 05 / 06 – Under-17 and Under-11

Season 04 / 05 – Under-16 and Under-11

Honors & Awards
Additional Honors & Awards

Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Season 2011-2012

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 108th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary Gala

Season 2010-2011

Winner of the U17 national championship

Season 2009-2010

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 106th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary Gala

Season 2008-2009

Winner of the U15 national championship

Season 2005-2006

Winner of the U11 championship

Winner of the Dunluce Trophy at Milk Cup - International Youth Football Tournament - U17, Northern Ireland

Season 2004-2005

Winner of the U11 championship

Estrela Futebol Clube, de Vendas Novas

Season 2002-2003

Runner-up of the 3rd Division-F Series; promotion to the 2nd Division B