Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

Sheffield Wednesday are delighted to announce the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal as head coach at Hillsborough.

The Portuguese is joined by backroom team and compatriots Joao Mario, Joao Cunha and Bruno Lage.

Carvalhal brings a wealth of experience to S6, with Owls chairman Dejphon Chansiri convinced the new head coach and his team will serve as the blueprint for future success.

He told swfc.co.uk: “Firstly, I would like to welcome Carlos to Sheffield Wednesday.

“I firmly believe that this appointment will take our team and our club to the next level and towards where we all want to be, the Premier League.

“It is important for our supporters that they watch their team play attractive, aggressive and entertaining football.

“Carlos buys in completely to this philosophy and I am confident that his experience, knowledge and ability will herald the start of a successful new era for Sheffield Wednesday.”

Mr Chansiri added: “Since I came to Hillsborough in February, I have slowly absorbed how to become 100% part of the Sheffield Wednesday family.

“Myself and my team have worked extremely hard as we all have the same target, the same objectives. We are stronger now and learn more about football every day.

“Carlos, myself and everyone connected with our club have the same ambitions.

“So I say to our fans – thank you so much for supporting us in everything we have tried to do for Sheffield Wednesday in the short time we have been here and also for the exciting times we will share in the future.

“Please give everything for Carlos and the team because your support is everything, as is your trust, and I am now only looking forward to the journey we will be sharing together.

“Everyone has been so incredibly welcoming and friendly to myself and my family, which makes me even more determined to deliver the success our supporters deserve.

“We need the spirit and full backing from them all because we are all on that same journey. I believe in our supporters 100%, I trust in them, and all I ask is to have that same trust and confidence in return.

“As a club, we are getting stronger and stronger each day and the appointment of Carlos will give us a firm foundation ahead of what I am sure will be a memorable season ahead.

“So let’s enjoy this journey, let’s get excited, and let’s look forward to driving our dream together.”

Carlos Carvalhal will be presented to the media at a Hillsborough press conference on Thursday 9 July.

Lets give him a chance... and some £££'s.

He doesn't excite or inspire me personally, his record is hardly the kind of thing to make people sit up and take notice... lets hope DC and the 'Committee' know what they are doing. 

Twenty to eleven on a Tuesday night?

Odd.

Bloody continentals with their crazy way of doing things. Apparently them Spanish don't have their tea until 10 o'clock at night :rolleyes:

Please now can we all be positive and happy and be a part of the dream that is happening right in front of our very eyes. This new era is like the birth of a very special child. Live it.