Random things you remember from hillsborough's past

Guest Gazzaswfc

There used to be a bloke go round the ground with one of those american style hot dog mobile hot dog (wheel barrow looking) things.

He was unshaven and had greasy hair, don't know why anyone would buy owt off him.

Also, in the early 90's, the blokes selling the unofficial T-shirts on the streets. They'd put all of the tshirts in their brief case and leg it at the first sign of the police.

If Wednesday had had a stinker sometimes loads of fans in the seating areas threw the blue seat cushions you put on the wooden seats to make them more comfy onto the pitch after a game to make a protest of their feelings.  :biggrin:

The first time I remember it happening was when Bronco Layne got sent off against Villa. More of a protest about the decision than anything else.

The players kicking footballs in to the crowd for fans to keep before the game.  My aunty caught one and gave it me

Paolo Di Canio pushing Paul Alcock over.

Jurgen Klinsmann scoring a header in his first game against us and then doing this weird dive thing towards the north stand.

Joe Kinnear not showing up for to manage Wimbledon due to having a heart attack shortly before the match.

Jermaine johnson kicking a water bottle in to the crowd, hitting a fan, and promptly getting sent off (after being subbed).

Page 3 models (with their boobs out), running the length of the pitch with the ball and trying to score - THAT WAS RANDOM - I think if they scored they were given a prize by The Sun.

An away fan falling fom the top to the bottom of the leppings lane.

Edited by wednesdaywizard

The portakabin club shop, with one door in and one door out, and you just proceeded along, picking what you wanted on the way through.

Shirts and stuff pinned to the wall at the back for you to point to the thing you wanted.

The old ticket office under the South Stand.

Our family moved to Sheffield from Leeds when I was a nipper.

Family was all staunch Leeds fans but I think to introduce me to football my dad started taking me to Wednesday games when I was v young, lot more local obviously.

Might have some details wrong, I was v young-

1-   Beating Sheff United 4-0 boxing day?  North stand was full, was sat right at the back on some pipes, all the seats were gone.

2-  Playing Newcastle at hillsborough in same era...afterwards Newcastle fans throwing money at Wednesday fans through some bars on the way out?  Picked up a 50p.....winner.

3-  Some bloke scoring direct from a corner?  Terry Curran?   I was young but from corner of north and west if memory serves.

Now all I come away from your place with is a headache and bafflement at some *** playing a drum throughout a football match for some reason.

Guest Gazzaswfc

These caps.....

Hat_zpsff44f4f0.jpg

Best thing the Owls shop has sold.....ever !

I had one you could reverse it to away colours aswell always used to wear it

Guest Gazzaswfc

Loved night matches seeing the floodlights can remember playing Liverpool in cup 2-2 on a freezing night they were the best team in europe at the time we batterd them was lucky to get a draw 48.000 there that night . Burnley in fa cup hammerd them 5-0 to reach semi one of the best atmosphere I've ever seen at S6

leaving 5 minutes before the end to head across the city.

walking to the bus stop wondering if every noise being made was a goal.

getting the bus into town with my dad.

running with him to grab a green un in between changing services.

wondering how on earth they made the newspaper in that time.

checking teletext when we got home to check our score and the rest of the results.

when I got into my teens it wasn't the same, the illusion had gone, and we started to go into decline.

at least I had that tho.