Stevie May

@ DJM.....much of the stat quoting is tongue in cheek. It started in earnest last season with the OTT battering that Nuhiu received on here with some responding in his defence with stark stats that favoured the big man. It was a bit of a game really to dampen the one-eyed anti-Nuhiu lobbying originally. Unfortunately it contributed to the developing anti-May campaign as of course like many OT topics you have to be in one camp or the other :rolleyes: .

this

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the stats are rock solid proof of anything. They tend to be more about curtailing other poster's attempts to rip their chosen scapegoat apart with absolute statements presented as fact, but easily contradicted.

As is oft said, you can "prove" almost anything with statistics.

@ DJM.....much of the stat quoting is tongue in cheek. It started in earnest last season with the OTT battering that Nuhiu received on here with some responding in his defence with stark stats that favoured the big man. It was a bit of a game really to dampen the one-eyed anti-Nuhiu lobbying originally. Unfortunately it contributed to the developing anti-May campaign as of course like many OT topics you have to be in one camp or the other :rolleyes: .

Yeah, I realise that. I did some of it myself to get some of the Nuhiu haters spluttering by comparing his statistical record with David Hirst's early career or even the part Denis Bergkamp played in Arsenal's unbeaten league season. That was fun to see them so earnestly huffing at comparisons with such luminaries. :biggrin:

Guest Fedor

Yeah, I realise that. I did some of it myself to get some of the Nuhiu haters spluttering by comparing his statistical record with David Hirst's early career or even the part Denis Bergkamp played in Arsenal's unbeaten league season. That was fun to see them so earnestly huffing at comparisons with such luminaries. :biggrin:

lol

Stop trying to rewrite history after you embarassed yourself.

lol

Stop trying to rewrite history after you embarassed yourself.