Stevie May

Would like May to be given another crack he was largely disappointing last season but did show glimpses that he could do well in this league. To cut him adrift now especially with him been so young would be a mistake IMO

With Hirsty still involved at the club since he retired, I have always found it astonishing he has never had a formal role mentoring, coaching or training our forward line / attacking midfielders.

Its a travesty IMO that our most talented goal-scorer of recent times, a man who's positioning, anticipation, technique, strength, determination, pace and ability to hit a ball with such power in a split second on the run or on the turn and would cost £60M at todays prices is not showing our players how its done..

I was never that impressed but I just remember both Strachan and Naismith saying how good he was in the Scotland camp. Now he can't even get in their squad so something's gone wrong for him. I'm just starting to wonder if some of the lads we're letting go as not good enough, eg Mattock, Madine, Maguire, Loovens maybe, Dielna, surprise us elsewhere. May could well be one of them. None of this will matter of course if we bring in proven higher quality replacements in what is presumeably going to be a much altered squad from last season. 

We need better quality in all positions bar keeper (if Westwood stays) and Lees.

There will be casualties.

New Head Coach is going to have a right job to do moulding a whole new set of players together though.

Good luck new Head Coach