1-10 on the whelm scale - where are you?

about a 3 but thats on the whelm scale of underwhelmdness of the current situation.

For excited im about a 10 out of 10, its going to be brilliantly brilliant on national brilliant day given how shíte it was last season.

I am prepared to embrace a new footballing philosophy, my only reservations are, that they may have given themselves too much to do We may be one of the better resourced clubs in the division but we've yet to see how that will translate in terms of recruitment. Most of our rivals are probably a lot further down the line than us. We have a lot to do and I wonder if Mr Chansari's naivety in football matters, has led to him underestimating the timescale needed to properly prepare for the new season. That's not meant to be a criticism of the new owner, who by his own admission, is not so knowledgable about football matters. Hopefully things will all be in place by the time the season kicks off, but we've seen how long it can take to get a deal over the line, never mind that we probably need ten of them. It's going to be a tall order and I'm intrigued as to how it will play out

Guest PAUL.

It's a 1 from me.

I seriously must be missing something with what looks like's going to happen.

Swap a respected coach who refuses to be a yes man for a wild card who can't hold down a job......................you couldn't make it up.

I'll be pleased to be proven wrong, but I think it will all end in tears.

If I knew nowt about football but had the wealth of DC, I'd have started as I meant to go on and hired someone like David Dein who was at Arsenal and knows football inside out. He would have been a proper marquee signing to start the ball rolling in DC's absence. 

Guest Darth Sturrock

My whelm level is around 1...

I hope the guy/team/"committee"  succeeds of course, but I can't help but think that this is a bit of a throw of the dice, and I would have preferred a steadier/proven hand, for our head coach, as opposed to the journeyman coach that we are ending up with.

Whelm level currently stands at 7, many positives, and i'm excited by them, but some niggling doubts regarding the massive change in such a short period of time

Going forward with a new owner, new system and new faces behind the scenes will take time

It's all about getting settled and the new regime all pulling together, plus lots of hard work

A new Sheffield Wednesday

Can't wait

Guest Distraught!

Gray wore a tracksuit. All the best bosses wear suits, preferably without a tie. Embrace the change! gary megson

Don't forget the plastic name tag hung around the neck.

Any credible modern coach must have that.  :manager: