1-10 on the whelm scale - where are you?

I know we are a mid table club that has been outside the top flight for 15 years but even still I'm only about a 4. Like others have said I hope succeeds and he has my 100% backing but I was hoping for more and his CV profile is average at best.

Guest Leapylee11

I still can't believe people were willing to watch another season of that at Hillsboro this season! Changes had to be made, it was dreadful.... Well done Mr chairman...

It's a 10 from me

People going on about his cv, can people please tell me what was on grays cv???

I remember similar mutterings when Gray was made permanent. What's he ever done, we're going down etc., etc.

18 months on there's fans in uproar over the sacking of Gray. I wonder where we'll be in 18 months time if Carvalhal does manage to stay in charge?

Guest Leapylee11

Would it not have been a gamble with Gray? It was awful football at times, even season ticket holders chose to go shopping with the Mrs instead of gonna match!

Guest Distraught!

I still can't believe people were willing to watch another season of that at Hillsboro this season! Changes had to be made, it was dreadful.... Well done Mr chairman...

It's a 10 from me

Aye, some of us can remember the season before last when Stuey took over. Like beating an excellent Leicester side at Hillsborough, the 6-0 against Leeds and the home performance against QPR. Some of us can remember the nine away wins last season (outside League one, the best away form since we dropped out of the Premier League).

Instead of just looking at the bad, you should also look at the good and think what could have been had more money been invested in the playing side rather than ripping everything to bits and starting again.

Guest Leapylee11

A football club needs bums on seats, nobody can tell me they were entertained at Hillsboro last season??

Guest Leapylee11

Yes Gray stabalised the club and did a good job however in my opinion he wasn't the man to take us forward! Wish him well tho

At the moment I'm probably a 2 or 3.

If when we appoint CC today, it will step up to 3/4, depending upon what he says.

I think the structure is going in the right direction, I'm optimistic about it, but to boost my whelmed ness would need the complete coaching team to be announced. And probably a player or two as well.

14 clubs in 14 years.....I wouldn't worry about this joker still being here in 18 months. Christmas is debatable

You might well be right and if you are, you can start doing cartwheels, effing and jeffing and sticking two fingers up at all the anti-Gray mob of which I was one.

Personally I think this appointment is all about the new way of operating we are looking to implement and like on the continent we may get through a lot of head coaches before we finally get it right but if we eventually get back to the premier league we'll probably all be doing cartwheels 😉