The worst traits of Wednesday fans

There are tens of thousands of us.  So when it comes to questions of basic intelligence the central limit theorem sure as hell is gonna apply.  

So you're going to get the kind of nonsense we're seeing on some of these threads.  (Describing the apparent manager elect as a "clown" is my favourite so far).

Not much to be done.  Sometimes it's irritating.  Just try to take some anthropological interest.  Life's rich tapestry, and all that.

If Alan Biggs is right that the owner is gauging public opinion, then that would be a shade alarming.  But that seems unlikely.

Guest justcraig

What a fantastic post! However, as seen by the responses, the OP refers to the minority of Weds fans.  Unfortunately it's the minority that shout loudest! Oh and I'm stealing this thread for facebook :-)

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded. We seem to think we are Barcelona or something. People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'. If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them. It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player. The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo . The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose! Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

Aka Bee Reyts

When I hear Wednesdayites come up with massive for us and tinpot for other clubs I cringe.

I can understand why other clubs dislike our fans.

We aren't massive. Wimbledon and Wigan have won more than us since the war. We are a small northern club with a fancy sounding name.

Guest Butcher

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded. We seem to think we are Barcelona or something. People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'. If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them. It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player. The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo . The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose! Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

Spot on mate nice to find a fellow fan with common sense - currently on this site and social media it's becoming really embarrassing