My mate - Mr OwlsTalk

Guest sotonowl

I've not lived in Sheffield since 1981. I haven't been to a home match for years although I do watch the team when they play near where I live.

Does that mean I can't support my team and discuss them with fellow fans? 

If that is the case maybe Owlstalk should insist on checking every posters application and refusing any that can't provide a current season ticket number. I can't see that being a good business plan. Anyone who thinks it is should approach the boss and suggest it.

Me too, 4 games a season if i'm lucky, usually 2 at home and 2 away which have been yeovil, pompey, brighton, bournemouth, swindon, reading, qpr. did do wolves one night game, think it was a cup game and alan quinn was playing but i fooked up there cos it was further than i thought, lol

Guest Distraught!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But if you don't go your opinion is not valid.

Maybe in days gone by, that would be an accurate statement to make. But let's be frank. In these days of communication and internet, what fan has not seen enough of a player to form something of an opinion? I live thousands of miles away and attend no games now but I have seen action from every game Wednesday has played this season. I can also watch action over and over so to get a more in depth analysis. That is why fans can form opinions of international players or players from other clubs. It is because we don't need to see them in the flesh and blood.

I probably get to about 4 home games a season, I live in East Sussex so it's a bit of a trek for me, I also try to do as many local games ie London etc... As possible (work depending) I have to work quite a few weekend. My only opinion last season was Maghoma was shshit.

Guest sotonowl

Clubs try and push their product all around the world and encourage supporters everywhere to support them.

Is there anyone on here who wouldn't want a couple of million Thai supporters who bought our products but couldn't get to games for obvious reasons. Would they not be allowed opinions because they don't go to matches, oh they can spend their hard earned but don't have an opinion.Or if they are allowed opinions, where do you draw the line between them and the bloke in the local village who doesn't go but wears the shirt.

Stop being silly, just because you may go every week doesn't give you some devine right which you evidently think it does.

Oh and by the way jack,does your village have a local shop and is it for local people only.

Maybe in days gone by, that would be an accurate statement to make. But let's be frank. In these days of communication and internet, what fan has not seen enough of a player to form something of an opinion? I live thousands of miles away and attend no games now but I have seen action from every game Wednesday has played this season. I can also watch action over and over so to get a more in depth analysis. That is why fans can form opinions of international players or players from other clubs. It is because we don't need to see them in the flesh and blood.

I mainly agree but sometimes the ones who go least or not at all have the strongest opinions.

The ones who live in the city and go every game get shot down by those who actually don't know as much as they think they do.

Guest Distraught!

I mainly agree but sometimes the ones who go least or not at all have the strongest opinions.

The ones who live in the city and go every game get shot down by those who actually don't know as much as they think they do.

Yes, but you are not obliged to listen or take any notice of them.

It's the importance of freedom of speech or freedom of expression:

"I do not have to like or agree with what you say but I will defend to my dying day, your right to say it".

Sometimes you have to live in a place without such rights to realise how important they really are.

It's all about opinions. Life is all about opinions. In all walks of life there are people who talk sense and there are people who talk poo. On Owlstalk there are people who talk sense and there are people who talk poo. Sometimes the sensible posters talk poo too. Sometimes the poo talkers have quite sensible things to say. Owlstalk is like that. Life is like that. Wednesday matters to all kinds of people, and to varying degrees. The most important thing is WAWAW.

Yes, but you are not obliged to listen or take any notice of them.

It's the importance of freedom of speech or freedom of expression:

"I do not have to like or agree with what you say but I will defend to my dying day, your right to say it".

Sometimes you have to live in a place without such rights to realise how important they really are.

Bang on !

This says it all really...

For me it depends what his opinion is on. If its on matches and player performances I fully understand your frustration (assuming he's not going to matches or listening to Wednesday).

If it's about the club n the rumour mill which surrounds it which get debated on OT then fair enough. But I would have thought that he'd be aware of the tripe that's on here.

You've hit the nail on the head Silkstone. I have no problem with my mate (Mr OwlsTalk) commenting on "non-match" aspects of SWFC but what winds me is that he is an "authority" on team and player performances/ability.