My mate - Mr OwlsTalk

I was talking to my mate on Saturday. He loves to talk about Wednesday but he doesn't go to the match (I think that the last match he went to was the Norwich last game of the season when we had to win to stay up - was that about 6 years ago?). He has a good well-paid job but chooses to spent his weekend and his money fishing - he enters matches up and down the North and Midlands regularly and fishes for fun when not entering matches. That's fine, who am I to criticise him? I won't criticise him for how he chooses to spend his weekend but he doesn't half frustrate me at times when he talks about Wednesday because he's an "authority" on The Owls but he gets it all from here. I think he is a contributor to this site also because some of the things we discuss end up on here.

Am I wrong to be frustrated with this situation? Is it ok for my mate to have such a strong opinion when he doesn't contribute a bean to the club?

I know I'll get hammered for starting this thread but hey-ho.

We have many thousands of 'stay away' supporters who still have an opinion.

They will always consider themselves Wednesday fans and many of them will come back when we're back in the big time.

I know loads of lads who went to almost every game in the 90's but don't bother any more

They still know their stuff when it comes the Wednesday though.

Guest Distraught!

I know, let's have a world in which nobody is allowed to have an opinion about anything unless you are directly part of or contribute to it.

What a fine and happy place the world would become.

:ghoulguy:

We have many thousands of 'stay away' supporters who still have an opinion.

They will always consider themselves Wednesday fans and many of them will come back when we're back in the big time.

I know loads of lads who went to almost every game in the 90's but don't bother any more

They still know their stuff when it comes the Wednesday though.

Really then, they shouldn't express their opinion until they return - if they ever do. Edited by shandypants

I was talking to my mate on Saturday. He loves to talk about Wednesday but he doesn't go to the match (I think that the last match he went to was the Norwich last game of the season when we had to win to stay up - was that about 6 years ago?). He has a good well-paid job but chooses to spent his weekend and his money fishing - he enters matches up and down the North and Midlands regularly and fishes for fun when not entering matches. That's fine, who am I to criticise him? I won't criticise him for how he chooses to spend his weekend but he doesn't half frustrate me at times when he talks about Wednesday because he's an "authority" on The Owls but he gets it all from here. I think he is a contributor to this site also because some of the things we discuss end up on here.

Am I wrong to be frustrated with this situation? Is it ok for my mate to have such a strong opinion when he doesn't contribute a bean to the club?

I know I'll get hammered for starting this thread but hey-ho.

Snoring hell, that's two minutes of my life I won't get back. Slow news week or what. 

Frustrated? Your lucky Shandy,my pal bases all his opinion on what he hears on football heaven..aahhhhh .As above there are tons of Wednesday fans who don't go or pick and choose matches,that's their choice too,thing is these days with tele,t'internet n social media you can stay at home and still know/see nearly as much as them that go.

I've not lived in Sheffield since 1981. I haven't been to a home match for years although I do watch the team when they play near where I live.

Does that mean I can't support my team and discuss them with fellow fans? 

If that is the case maybe Owlstalk should insist on checking every posters application and refusing any that can't provide a current season ticket number. I can't see that being a good business plan. Anyone who thinks it is should approach the boss and suggest it.