Fat Sam for Hillsborough ....

Guest conisbrough

Can any one see Allardyce being part of a committee?

He also comes with baggage was subject of several investigations re agents and transfer dealings when at Bolton, never charged but cloud hangs over him.

Good at getting promotion but does not fit into mould we appear to be building.

As I said earlier, I don't think Alladyce would come to Wednesday but what would be the point anyway? He and Gray are very alike in their football philosophy - strong, well-organised and hardworking teams. If we are to replace Gray then at least go for something different.

You are asking the wrong question. Its not "has Gray shown enough to deserve a crack at Promotion" but "Would Big Sam be more or less likely than SG to get us promoted in the next 2 seasons".

And you would be sick precisely until we were winning games.

Option 1. A great coach getting into management who built one of the tightest defences in the division, now backed by an ambitious chairman

Or

Option 2. An experienced manager with promotions under his belt who builds hardworking teams

Meh, there are merits to both options. Stick to what we've got

Guest owl from retford

Not a chance of getting Big Sam he has already said he wants a break from Football not going to leave one job just to come straight to us

Putting the realism issue aside ...

IF we had an underperforming manager and squad that needs ripping up, I'd be happy with Allardyce ... We don't

However, prior to Allardyce leaving Peckham, the Gray outers we're citing a lack of style, for their discontent (totally discounting our lack offensive resources)