Fat Sam for Hillsborough ....

He's expensive so if you don't mind most of the budget going him, go for it. Just make sure you have enough change for Andy Carroll :laugh:

Hmmm. If we genuinely think that Alderdyce would a) come to us b) do a better job next season than Gray then, for me, Gray "deserving a chance" doesn't really fly.

You could argue that as Atdhe finished top scorer he should "get a chance" to see what he can do next year, but we would be bloddy stupid not to go for a better player if they were available.

That's a fair point. Tbh I'm more bothered about the fact that I doubt Allardyce would come here.

To be honest, I can't see another Premiership club going for him.

He may well end up at a Championship club unless he fancies doing a Curbishley

I would have said he's basically an established Premier League manager. Him and Pulis are quite similar. Sam can put his feet up, enjoy a relaxing summer and walk into a job around November time when PL clubs who look like they're heading for trouble sack their managers in a panic. No need for him to drop down to the championship.

Hmmm. If we genuinely think that Alderdyce would a) come to us b) do a better job next season than Gray then, for me, Gray "deserving a chance" doesn't really fly.

You could argue that as Atdhe finished top scorer he should "get a chance" to see what he can do next year, but we would be bloddy stupid not to go for a better player if they were available.

if Big Sam did come in, rather than bin him he would probably see Atdhe as one of our main players...