The race for Yorkshire.

That wiki quote says is not was. You know in the present, not in the past. You're just wumming for the sake of it.

I'm not wumming. Strange topic to wum. The more I scan the internet the more the picture gets confusing. This article confuses the situation even more.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/time-teesside-embrace-yorkshire-heritage-6915463

By some logic exposed by posters on here then Liverpool is in Lancashire.

Edited by M Royds

As long as that lunatic Cellino is at the helm of L**ds I can't see them doing anything. Hull should do ok and a good chance of being top 6.

Be interesting to see what Allams reaction will be he didn't look that happy at the end which is understandable.

I've always thought it was in Yorkshire, but what's in a boundary? Judging by their speech, it's clearly part of the North East. They're on the edge of that linguistic boundary, as we are. Go a few miles down the road to Chesterfield and it's that Midlands drawl...

Guest Ellis Rimmer

I've always thought it was in Yorkshire, but what's in a boundary? Judging by their speech, it's clearly part of the North East. They're on the edge of that linguistic boundary, as we are. Go a few miles down the road to Chesterfield and it's that Midlands drawl...

I don't think accent wise that it is that different to the rest of Yorkshire. Clough and Revie both from the place.

Guest Burntwood Owl

I have heard Sir Geoffrey isn't a Yorkshireman either !

Born in Fitzwilliam, captained South Elmsall district, both in the heart of the Barnsley seam in the Yorkshire coalfields. I hope he's a Yorkshireman.

I live in a part of Sheffield that used t9 be part of Derbyshire. Anyway, why do these threads always get dragged into a protracted argument about whether or not Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire?

Just to say - it is now once again technically part of north Yorkshire. The Yorkshire post does reports on their games.

I live in a part of Sheffield that used t9 be part of Derbyshire. Anyway, why do these threads always get dragged into a protracted argument about whether or not Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire?

Just to say - it is now once again technically part of north Yorkshire. The Yorkshire post does reports on their games.

I find it very difficult to believe that the Yorkshire post report on anything rather than Leeds matches.

Guest Burntwood Owl

Is the Green Un still a real thing? Used to love my dad going to buy that. Seemed to be we used to pop into the newsagent on the way from the ground for it but we can't have.

FFS half of the media have been trying to say Hull is in the North East just so they can write crap about survival Sunday. If they're right that should just about put Boro somewhere in Scotland :wacko: