Championship 2015/16

Way too early to say without knowing the full list of teams and without knowing who is spending what and which teams spend wisely, etc

Every year though I think the League is going to be stronger than the previous year, and almost every year the teams coming down seem to be the favourites.

Yet sometimes, there are season's like last season which break the norm, the League last year was wide open and poor, for a fair while it seemed like we were not far away from the top 6

but then the top 7 or 8 teams in the League pulled away and remained the most consistent. Our defensive record proved we were not that far away yet at the same time our attacking record as a team showed we are a long way away and need to spend very wisely to get anywhere near being a genuine play-off/promotion candidate. 

I expect the likes of Wolves; Derby, Burnley, Brentford and whoever loses the play-off final to be very strong and I expect Bristol City, MK Dons, Reading and Fulham to be dark-horses.

Impossible to say how we are going to fare, without knowing whether Gray is staying or going and without knowing how much Chansiri is going to spend and without knowing what caliber of players we will be bringing in. That said, I'm a lot more optimistic about our chances to compete at this level than I've ever been since we got relegated from the PL. 

QPR with Ramsey in charge? lol

Burnley losing Ings, Vokes. & Trippier so they will have to spend big to have a chance at bouncing straight back

I just can't see them not spending the money to get out again. It looks like the football league will climb down on the fine too, otherwise I'd have predicted a fulhamesque season from them.

Burnley will be left with a team full of top championship players even after they lose ings, and a war chest that will make buying the best available talent fairly easy. Really will be shocked if they aren't top 6.

Guest shakesby

I'm going for this as my top 6 for next year:

1.) Hull/Newcastle

2.) Norwich/Middlesbrough

3.) Burnley

4.) QPR

5.) Wolves

6.) Bristol City

Both Hull and Newcastle will be far too strong to just middle around. Expect them to win by some distance.

Norwich and Middlesbrough are again, both too good for this league.

Burnley as people have reiterated above, aren't good enough for the Premier League but have an excellent championship squad so I think they will be just behind top 2.

QPR are QPR. They will spend some more, they don't have a bad side and Chris Ramsey will rebuild them this summer.

Wolves are my dark horses. Excellent attacking options and lots of youth blended with experience.

Bristol City have a pretty decent team in the Championship, let alone League 1, and you think with the momentum they have it will help bounce them up.

I'm expecting Newcastle to go down, and next year's Championship title to be contested between Newcastle and Wednesday.

If Newcastle go down then I think they'd struggle. As for us .... we could go for the mid-table title maybe. lol

One of the teams that drop from the Prem will go to League 1 .

Really?

I don't know about that, think QPR, Burnley and Hull/Newcastle will be stronger than people think IMHO. They might struggle to adapt but I don't think they'll press the free fall button at all.

Edit::I think this years 3 SIDES ABOVE THE BOTTOM 3 (Rotherham, Brighton, and Reading) will need to up their game more as the teams coming up are going to add to the pressure. Brighton are in the poo poo financially aren't they???

Despite my earlier stupid post, which I obviously don't believe, I think we will be better and stronger than we were this year but it fonts for nought as there are some tasty sides yet again.

Edited by F. Spiksley

Newcastle have massive potential to free fall given the problems going off there.

People said that last time, they bounced straight back up.

The club is too big for them to go into free fall. If they go down they'll go straight back up.

Want Newcastle to go down in a way because it will be funny, but then they're another strong team in the division next year which don't help our chances.

People said that last time, they bounced straight back up.

The club is too big for them to go into free fall. If they go down they'll go straight back up.

Want Newcastle to go down in a way because it will be funny, but then they're another strong team in the division next year which don't help our chances.

Agree. Also, for me, Burnley still know this division and how scrappy it is. They can graft too. QPR, will stabilise also. Not sure about Hull though if they drop today, but even so they won't do too badly.

Agree. Also, for me, Burnley still know this division and how scrappy it is. They can graft too. QPR, will stabilise also. Not sure about Hull though if they drop today, but even so they won't do too badly.

Think QPR will be just fine to be honest, seen a lot of 'experts' say they will struggle but don't see it personally. 

Burnley and Hull if they go down still have decent managers who have done it at this level so I think they'll be up there again. 

None of the clubs relegated will struggle like Cardiff and Fulham have done IMO.

It's really too early to say.

As it stands I'd fancy Wolves and Blackburn to put in a strong showing next season. But as I say, lose a couple key players and that assessment could change.

Of the teams coming down, I'd fancy Burnley to do well if they can replace Danny Ings. Don't fancy QPR - they seem to be in chaos and while a nice bloke, Chris Ramsey hasn't shown anything to convince me he's got enough managerial nous.

Bristol City and MK Dons will be competetive, although I'd be surprised if either of them flirt with the playoffs (or relegation)

But as I say, lose (or gain) a couple of key players and that assessment could change.

QPR could well implode, the problem with a team like that is the fact that when they drop, all the mercenary players will immediately jump ship. Could well see a season like Fulham had this year, or worse. Expect Hull and Burnley to compete towards the top though, I wonder what will happen to Bruce?

It looks shiite compared to El Classico or the Machester derby, innit.

Some of this season's top teams will drop back a bit (Brentford?). Some of this season's strugglers will be stronger (Fulham?). It will be hard to get into the top 6 without parachute money or other cash.

If we improve as much next season as we have over the last 2-3 seasons I'd give us about a 1 in 3 shot. If we strengthen beyond that, who knows?

I'm not too worried about who's coming up and who's coming down. You only have to look at this season to see it's very difficult to say how teams will perform.

Brighton went backwards big time- when we beat them on the opening day I think we thought we'd probably turned over a top 8 side.

Fulham were awful, despite probably having the strongest squad in the division.

Wigan were worse than anyone would have predicted despite finishing 13/14 strongly.

We just need to concentrate on building on what we've achieved this season- ie adding the 'x factor' to our attacking play whilst maintaining the solid defensive base.

2 quality strikers, McGugan and a couple of proven wingers/creative wide players and I think we'll be competitive (assuming we keep the out of contract players that we really want to keep) - especially if DC is prepared to 'go again' in January if we're there or thereabouts- something MM was understandably reluctant to do this time round.

That's it then:

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bolton

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff

Charlton

Derby

Fulham