Is money being spent?

Spot on: I just dont get why so many are guessing at whats what, Who's coming & who's not. We're just gunna have wait & see.

There is no harm whatsoever in guessing who's coming and who's not etc. what would be the point in having a forum otherwise. I agree we will have to wait and see. The frustrating thing is the people who have been claiming things as fact and this won't happen and this will happen and nobody else can have an opinion. When in reality like you said, nobody knows.

The whole ethos at the club has changed. I know a box owner who hasn't renewed and he told me chasiri has been to his firm to convince him to re-comit. Box's now come with 2 dining options buffet and table service

Guest shakesby

It's every teams aim every year. It just won't happen this year. We'll finish midtable next season.

It's every teams aim every year. It just won't happen this year. We'll finish midtable next season.

If we're still mid table by the end of next season we have to accept Gray will be long gone, doesn't his contract expire around the end of Nov ? Can't see it being renewed if we aint doing well...

If we're still mid table by the end of next season we have to accept Gray will be long gone, doesn't his contract expire around the end of Nov ? Can't see it being renewed if we aint doing well...

could very well be make or break this season for Gray .

Gray has my full backing for the upcoming season, but if we start to go backwards on last years progress, Gray could be one of the first casualties.  

Difficult to speculate as we don't really know his personal wealth as others have said time will tell but my best guess is he'll spend £5-10 mill on the squad

Difficult to speculate as we don't really know his personal wealth as others have said time will tell but my best guess is he'll spend £5-10 mill on the squad

That sounds about right to me. Would be very happy with anything around £5m to be honest. Anything more would be excellent.

could very well be make or break this season for Gray .

Gray has my full backing for the upcoming season, but if we start to go backwards on last years progress, Gray could be one of the first casualties.

Echoes my thoughts. Want Gray to be a success. Time will tell. The reality is that football takes no prisoners.

its a real possibility darra.  

Really can;t see Chansiri sit back and spend nothing this summer, given the amount of money DC has spent already.  

It will definitely been one hell of an exciting summer that's for sure..  

That's about the amount I would think he'd spend. Maybe closer to the £5m mark. We'll be able to pay better wages so we should be able to get better quality out of contract players.

We know he's spent circa 40m on the club, and a couple of million on the pitch and scoreboard, plus hired staff for a new committee, but at the moment we really don't know how much he's going to spend on the team and there do seem to be some conflicting message flying around.

Pearson said that Mr C was frighteningly ambitious, but tempered this by saying that money would be used sensibly - not throwing it around.

The rumours coming from back room staff range from exciting times to don't expect too much, and there's still continual talk of Gray being replaced.

Bullen has said that he hopes Lavery will be our top striker next season, and while I hope he scores 20 goals too, it doesn't give the impression that Bullen's expecting a couple of proven strikers to come in.

Let's hope we make some top class proven signings soon!

We know he's spent circa 40m on the club, and a couple of million on the pitch and scoreboard, plus hired staff for a new committee, but at the moment we really don't know how much he's going to spend on the team and there do seem to be some conflicting message flying around.

Pearson said that Mr C was frighteningly ambitious, but tempered this by saying that money would be used sensibly - not throwing it around.

The rumours coming from back room staff range from exciting times to don't expect too much, and there's still continual talk of Gray being replaced.

Bullen has said that he hopes Lavery will be our top striker next season, and while I hope he scores 20 goals too, it doesn't give the impression that Bullen's expecting a couple of proven strikers to come in.

Let's hope we make some top class proven signings soon!

TBF if asked he'd probably say the same about Nuhiu and May

I can't wait to see who we bring in over the summer. For the first time in god knows how long, I'm genuinely excited about our prospects.

What makes it even better is to contrast our optimism with the Blades' ongoing despondency. I was drinking with a Blade this afternoon and some of his comments had the Wednesdayites among us literally crying with laughter:

"If Clough signs any more Scottish midgets this summer, I'll fookin' cry."

"£1.5 million on Brayford? We paid £500k for a League One right-back and the other million for a fancy fookin' beard!"

"It shouldn't be possible to concede 12 goals against Swindon Town in one season. Swindon Town.  Swindon fookin' Town. I googled it and it took Wednesday until 1973 to have conceded 12 goals in total against those poxy fookers...and we've just done it in one season!"

To be fair to him, he ripped his club to shreds far more effectively than any of us could have managed.

Without a doubt some of the most intentionally funny poo poo ever from a blunt

I reckon this season most of our budget will go on what you said, but with a bit left to sign some top quality players to allow us to compete, then next season most of it will go on players to try and get us up by DCs 2017 target