Is money being spent?

Been reading on here lately, regarding how much will Chansiri spend over the summer which has sparked a lot of debate on here.  

The way I am looking at it as a guide to future expenditure and consequently expectations, is how much has Chansiri spent on us already up to this specific point in time. 

For starters DC has shelled out over 30 million to buy us for a start.  

Since then we have seen in a very short time:

- A new state of the art pitch being developed.  Within days of the season finishing, work started pretty much right away, no messing about , it seems.

- A new scoreboard, which once installed will be one of the biggest screens outside of the top flight, again a sign of intent.

- New backroom staff.  Despite seeing Pearson leave, I'm still sure that the new staff brought in will give us that extra experience.

- Players released early.  When was the last time we acutally released players within a few weeks of the season finishing?

- New contracts offered early.  Again, same as above, very rarely do we offer new contracts at this time of the season.

- January transfer deadline day was one of the busiest deadline days this century.  Something a lot of the younger fans will never have witnessed.  

- Shirt release is being launched in quick fashion for a change.  

So to me, looking back at the relatively short time Chansiri has been in charge, its fairly obvious a fair chunk of cash has been spent already on buying the club, bringing in new staff and improving the general infrastructure of the club. 

Sometimes we can try to second guess how much will be spent on quality players in the summer, but I think judging on the money that has been spent already, I think its safe to expect that the good times are coming.  Its not going to happen overnight, but we are definitely heading in the right direction. 

Thoughts?

Been reading on here lately, regarding how much will Chansiri spend over the summer which has sparked a lot of debate on here.

The way I am looking at it as a guide to future expenditure and consequently expectations, is how much has Chansiri spent on us already up to this specific point in time.

- A new state of the art pitch being developed. Within days of the season finishing, work started pretty much right away, no messing about , it seems.

- A new scoreboard, which once installed will be one of the biggest screens outside of the top flight, again a sign of intent.

- New backroom staff. Despite seeing Pearson leave, I'm still sure that the new staff brought in will give us that extra experience.

- Players released early. When was the last time we acutally released players within a few weeks of the season finishing?

- New contracts offered early. Again, same as above, very rarely do we offer new contracts at this time of the season.

- January transfer deadline day was one of the busiest deadline days this century. Something a lot of the younger fans will never have witnessed.

So to me, looking back at the relatively short time Chansiri has been in charge, its fairly obvious a fair chunk of cash has been spent already on buying the club, bringing in new staff and improving the general infrastructure of the club.

Sometimes we can try to second guess how much will be spent on quality players in the summer, but I think judging on the money that has been spent already, I think its safe to expect that the good times are coming. Its not going to happen overnight, but we are definitely heading in the right direction.

Thoughts?

How dare you come on OT with complete common sense and without wanting to question every little bit of a breeze, when questioning a hurricane suffices for most people. ;)

In all honesty, you're spot on with the above as far as I am concerned and I'm of the same opinion as yours... I also don't have a clue how much DC will spend in whatever aspect of our club, until he's spent it.

However, I've seen enough to believe it's still and will definitely turn out in the coming months, to be one of the most exciting periods in the club on and off the field.

No concerns from me in ANY way. This personal view is tempered though with; there will always be members of society incl Owls fans who can't be hardly ever happy, unless they're moaning and bringing potential positives way back down. Until this club has had a little bit more to shout about, I can't see a big enough portion of the supporters understanding that in both life in general and most definitely Business you 'Speculate to Accumulate' but 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

Fair play and my thoughts exactly. Although good luck getting the emo tw*ts to even acknowledge the positives, and the fact Chansiri has done more in 4 months than weve had in 20 years or more. Everything is being done in a timely fashion, without a fanfair, no leaks, no false promises. Anything he has said he was going to do he has done. Hes done stuff he never said. Sh*t its still may and we've got a new pitch, screen, and desisgns for infrastructure, plus a new kit launch scheduled. Yeah Im happy and optimistic and no amount of emo crap will change it 

Guest shakesby

Sorry Ronio didn't mean to downvote. 

As has been endlessly discussed, money will be available. Not as much money as people think. But still considerably more than we've had for some times.

I just hope personally we get a team capable of scoring some goals, getting crosses into the box and actually being positive. My number one wish for me really. Promotion is incredibly unlikely, so if it comes it's just a bonus.

But I really hope we play entertaining football.

Sorry Ronio didn't mean to downvote. 

As has been endlessly discussed, money will be available. Not as much money as people think. But still considerably more than we've had for some times.

I just hope personally we get a team capable of scoring some goals, getting crosses into the box and actually being positive. My number one wish for me really. Promotion is incredibly unlikely, so if it comes it's just a bonus.

But I really hope we play entertaining football.

No worries fella.

I think there is a lot that we can be positive about but it doesn't mean that there won't be a lot of hard work ahead of us. 

I have no idea how much will be spent in the summer, that's up for debate, that's for sure.  Definitely heading in the right direction. 

listening to the radio over the last few weeks at the talk about budgets needed to get out of the Championship general consensus seems to be that £10 million is the most that should be spent. That's for any club btw not just us. Many say that it can be done for £5 million or less with clever signings

Guest minsk owl

- A new state of the art pitch being developed.  Within days of the season finishing, work started pretty much right away, no messing about , it seems.

- New backroom staff.  Despite seeing Pearson leave, I'm still sure that the new staff brought in will give us that extra experience.

- Players released early.  When was the last time we acutally released players within a few weeks of the season finishing?

- New contracts offered early.  Again, same as above, very rarely do we offer new contracts at this time of the season.

- January transfer deadline day was one of the busiest deadline days this century.  Something a lot of the younger fans will never have witnessed.  

Sometimes we can try to second guess how much will be spent on quality players in the summer, but I think judging on the money that has been spent already, I think its safe to expect that the good times are coming.  Its not going to happen overnight, but we are definitely heading in the right direction. 

Thoughts?

no other thoughts are necessary,  accurate assessment, .....well written

Well the released list came out on 6th May last year, and that's also the day we announced we'd offered new contracts to Kirkland, Semedo, Loovens and Onyewu, so in that respect, it's business as usual.

Other than that though, the sense of purpose around the club's actions thus far is noticeably different this close season: the pitch improvements, scoreboard and shirt announcement all indicate that we're finally sorting out some of the issues which have plagued the club for years. However, by far the most positive bit of news to come out of the club so far has been the announcement of the new committee, which suggests we're taking this seriously and will be looking to invest Chansiri's money wisely in order to progress as a club.

For the first time in 15 years, I feel like we're on the right track and could have a genuine chance of returning to the Premier League within the foreseeable future.

Well the released list came out on 6th May last year, and that's also the day we announced we'd offered new contracts to Kirkland, Semedo, Loovens and Onyewu, so in that respect, it's business as usual.

Other than that though, the sense of purpose around the club's actions thus far is noticeably different this close season: the pitch improvements, scoreboard and shirt announcement all indicate that we're finally sorting out some of the issues which have plagued the club for years. However, by far the most positive bit of news to come out of the club so far has been the announcement of the new committee, which suggests we're taking this seriously and will be looking to invest Chansiri's money wisely in order to progress as a club.

For the first time in 15 years, I feel like we're on the right track and could have a genuine chance of returning to the Premier League within the foreseeable future.

fair comments areNOT.

Post is there to be ripped apart if needed,  :biggrin:

Agree we are definitely on the right track to the Premier.  

Guest TommyTank

Great post Ronio.

We don't know what the plans are with player recruitment, all we can hope for is progression on last season and I am pretty sure we will get that.

Lets f'kin enjoy this.

Great post Ronio.

We don't know what the plans are with player recruitment, all we can hope for is progression on last season and I am pretty sure we will get that.

Lets f'kin enjoy this.

100% agree. 

increase in season ticket prices will probably cover most of the pitch and the scoreboard

I hope all these new committee members dont take a chunk out of the playing budget but we will have to see

and heres my point. Regardless of playing budget, Chansiri has said he is going to do stuff, and has actually done it which for the last 20 years hasnt actually happened. If raising the price of season tickets was all it took to replace the pitch and get us a scoreboard that was Invented in the 60s, why didn't Milan do it? Thats not even a dig at Milan, its an actual question

fair comments areNOT.

Post is there to be ripped apart if needed,  :biggrin:

Agree we are definitely on the right track to the Premier.  

I can't wait to see who we bring in over the summer. For the first time in god knows how long, I'm genuinely excited about our prospects.

What makes it even better is to contrast our optimism with the Blades' ongoing despondency. I was drinking with a Blade this afternoon and some of his comments had the Wednesdayites among us literally crying with laughter:

"If Clough signs any more Scottish midgets this summer, I'll fookin' cry."

"£1.5 million on Brayford? We paid £500k for a League One right-back and the other million for a fancy fookin' beard!"

"It shouldn't be possible to concede 12 goals against Swindon Town in one season. Swindon Town.  Swindon fookin' Town. I googled it and it took Wednesday until 1973 to have conceded 12 goals in total against those poxy fookers...and we've just done it in one season!"

To be fair to him, he ripped his club to shreds far more effectively than any of us could have managed.

I have no idea what the summer is gonna be like.  

But I'm expecting some fireworks so to speak. 

A few years ago, we could only dream of bringing in the likes of McGugan.  Now it is a real possibility. 

Potentially about to have the best season we have had in an age and not by getting the best out of a paltry budget but by competing in transfer markets.  We are moving forward right now in ways which many  haven't seen the likes of before and the premier league is a possibility and maybe a probability. Only time will tell now.

Edited by clud17

- A new state of the art pitch being developed. Within days of the season finishing, work started pretty much right away, no messing about , it seems.

- New backroom staff. Despite seeing Pearson leave, I'm still sure that the new staff brought in will give us that extra experience.

- Players released early. When was the last time we acutally released players within a few weeks of the season finishing?

- New contracts offered early. Again, same as above, very rarely do we offer new contracts at this time of the season.

- January transfer deadline day was one of the busiest deadline days this century. Something a lot of the younger fans will never have witnessed.

Sometimes we can try to second guess how much will be spent on quality players in the summer, but I think judging on the money that has been spent already, I think its safe to expect that the good times are coming. Its not going to happen overnight, but we are definitely heading in the right direction.

Thoughts?

I agree with you and do thing money will be spent on the playing staff, however I'm just going to play Devils advocate on most the points.

- We desperately needed a new pitch. Spending so much now will save money in the long run in regards to pitch maintenance. Also it needed doing straight away as to be ready for next season.

- A scoreboard which in time will pay for itself in regard to the revenue it will bring in. Again not really a sign of intent just good business acumen.

- We have been behind a huge part of the football league when it comes to staff. On the whole poor quality and low numbers. Getting up to speed and joining the 21st century finally is a plus, but not really a sign of intent as we haven't surpassed other clubs in this aspect.

- Players being released was a no brainer and we have been safe for months so planning will have been in place for a long time prior to the season finishing.

- Same goes for contracts being offered out early too.

- Transfer deadline day you could argue that we spent the little bit of money left over from the Antonio fee that MM wasn't willing to spend. We didn't have much time and acted fast. Lost of teams have had deadline days like this in the past, it's just we've been unwilling to spend for so long it felt like xmas.

- Again our past shitness when it comes to business sense should not be a barometer on how we conduct our business now. The shirt sales should always be released at the time we are going to this year. We are just catching everybody else up commercially.

As I said I do agree with you. All positive signs that we are finally being run properly and I do believe Mr C will invest in the playing squad. Just wanted to put a different spin on things. Imo it is very likely he will spend, just getting in a few good excuses and a bit of reasoning if he doesn't.