SHERRIDAN NOISE

Guest Fedor

I am not usually a member of the spelling police but that's Sheridan and Hirst been spelt wrong today.

Total blasphemy.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Is it wrong to forget my nieces and newphews names but vividly remember the thud on that post? lol

I know this will offend a lot of people but here goes.....

The only fans that heard the "dink" as the ball went in off the the post were those that were watching on TV (or on replays)

This was because of the directional microphone positioned near the goal.

Sorry but this is true.

Still lovely to watch it back but I can assure you there was no audible "dink" from between 50 & 100 yards away in the midst of a crowd of that size in that stadium.

Urban myths eh?

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

The only fans that heard the "dink" as the ball went in off the the post were those that were watching on TV (or on replays)

Sorry but this is true.

Still lovely to watch it back but I can assure you there was no audible "dink" from between 50 & 100 yards away in the midst of a crowd of that size in that stadium.

Urban myths Eh?

Your dead to me!

Sorry but this is true.

Urban myths Eh?

I'm not offended, but I beg to differ. I was there with my brother and 1 other mate. 

We were sat 3 rows down and 15 seats further away from Man U's goal than Michael Le Vell ("Kevin Webster"), who was a guest on some  Manchester Radio programme, centre stand, commenting on the game, so that would have put us about centre of the right wing stand, opposite Big Ron and Alex Ferguson. 

So, we would have been around 60 to 70 yards away from the goal line.

Did we hear a dink as Sheridan's volley hit the post? We did, and its not something we imagined.  In fact, at first it sounded like it had rebounded away, so we weren't dead sure it had gone in, and it seemed to take forever to roll across and into the goal.  That was our experience of it, and the audible "dink" was part of it.

Edited by tonyem

Guest minsk owl

what we might well find is..........

and there he goes,  there goes Harkes   

Dink  

post-38035-0-06748100-1432432828.gif

Sorry but this is true.

Urban myths Eh?

I was at the other end of the ground and I definitely heard the dink (although to be fair it was more of a crack than a dink) - for a split second we thought the ball had hit the post and come out due to the noise. The ball was travelling at pace and hit the inside of the post, of course it's going to be heard around the stadium, it wasn't a delicate effort that gently clipped the post on the way in.

I'm not offended, but I beg to differ. I was there with my brother and 1 other mate. 

We were sat 3 rows down and 15 seats further away from Man U's goal than Michael Le Vell ("Kevin Webster"), who was a guest on some  Manchester Radio programme, centre stand, commenting on the game, so that would have put us about centre of the right wing stand, opposite Big Ron and Alex Ferguson. 

So, we would have been around 60 to 70 yards away from the goal line.

Did we hear a dink as Sheridan's volley hit the post? We did, and its not something we imagined.  In fact, at first it sounded like it had rebounded away, so we weren't dead sure it had gone in, and it seemed to take forever to roll across and into the goal.  That was our experience of it, and the audible "dink" was part of it.

Same her mate a sound I will never forget

I also was no where near.    I was just inside the other half of the pitch to the goal scored in fact, and at a guess 20 or so rows back.

Convinced I heard the noise too, but time warps memories.

Don't dare tell me we were not throwing teddy bears though, how random was that?!